Thiago Translantara

Meitux

IMO, Schweinsteiger is superior to Xavi. I'm really sad to say this but Schweini is an allrounder and much more efficient in the midfield for Bayern than Xavi for us. Schweini can pass, can shoot, can defend, he is a leader, he has vision, he can read the game, he opens the game.

Xavi can pass and he is a leader. Tbh, his game-reading and game-opening has lost so much efficency over the past years. He doesn't risk anything anymore. He only passes to the wingers instead of risking a pass to Leo through the opponent's defence.
Thats exactly how it is.Right now Busquets Xavi and Iniesta have the repuation of the past as the best midfield in the world.Thats why it would be great to have a different player than Xavi as Schweinsteiger who like you said can defend

Gaudi

We have Messi,thats the difference with everybody.Imagine this squad we have right now without Messi,how would it be?

I agree with you, some, I fear are still dreaming.
In last 4-5 years Barca was the best side without a doubt, even when we lost we were better team, last year in couple of matches we saw different picture for the first time. Not result wise, but play wise...Real, Milan, PSG (to some extent) and Bayern (particulary) outplayed us. They were better teams in at least some parts pf the game, hence the "pessimism"

Der Kaiser

If Thiago wants more playing time, Bayern would be the wrong move.

At CM, Schweinsteiger and Martinez are better, due to experience and physicality.
At AMC, Götze and Kroos are better, theyve been starters for the two CL finalists for
years and producing big numbers whereas Thiago has been a rotation player.

The only reasons for him joining Bayern would be money, promises by Pep, and bandwagoning since Bayern are the next big thing.

Zuess99

Xavi hasn't been at his best for some time (and won't get back to his best), Busquets isn't the best at defending, Neymar is unproven in Europe. The only 2 points I agree with is Messi and Iniesta, so our attack doesn't destroys theirs. You actually sound like Tito, because that's that kind of talk that made us get hammered by Bayern last season.

Right on bro, and to the poster who mentioned bastian being better than xavi!!!......damn no comment might get banned.

serghei

I agree with you, some, I fear are still dreaming.
In last 4-5 years Barca was the best side without a doubt, even when we lost we were better team, last year in couple of matches we saw different picture for the first time. Not result wise, but play wise...Real, Milan, PSG (to some extent) and Bayern (particulary) outplayed us. They were better teams in at least some parts pf the game, hence the "pessimism"

Last year, Bayern has had a coach with around 30 years experience at the highest level. As for us, we appointed a novice manager, who has had health regarding issues in the biggest, most important part of the season. The team was underprepared, undertrained, undermotivated, undereverything. If Tito is the real thing some of you are saying he is, than next year, with the team we have, should be some battle. I think that, with a good CB, our chances are good. That is unless more "surprises" appear along the way.

Gaudi

Last year, Bayern has had a coach with around 30 years experience at the highest level. As for us, we appointed a novice manager, who has had health regarding issues in the biggest, most important part of the season. The team was underprepared, undertrained, undermotivated, undereverything. If Tito is the real thing some of you are saying he is, than next year, with the team we have, should be some battle. I think that, with a good CB, our chances are good. That is unless more "surprises" appear along the way.

I'm not sure about tito as well...but we'll se, hope it's "only manager" problem

Martindn

Jesus you guys are in a bigger meltdown than redcafe lol complete off topic. What happened to all the love for pep?

Didnt madrid want thiago too and thiago didnt want to go? thiago may still not want to leave or go to bayern, and while its big its not a definite indication, bayerns been interested for weeks.

Home of Barca Fans