Thiago Translantara

Garrus

It's the choices you make that ultimately defines you.
I won't nitpick and search for ways to make sergi's choice to stay less admirable or valid than it really is, I could just as well nitpick about the fact that our legendary, Club defining player xavi, Was very close to ditching us, TWICE!, But again, It was the final choice he made, That mattered in the end.
Still remember when the official club site called sergi 'the patient midfielder' and was met with ridicule and laughter, Because it was shortly after their precious thiago choose to leave, Good times.
Maybe one of our vigilant members will be kind enough to go back and shows us who laughed.

JamDav1982

He becomes nothing he wasn't already. You are making assumptions in hindsight. Bayern move, or any move, wouldn't have happened.
Bottom line is what counts.

ONLY differnce in Puyol and Thiago leaving is one got injured before transfer went through.

If Thiago got injured he is loyal as only thing that matters is what happens in these rules.

F

Flavia

I think it's very difficult to say that for sure. You don't know if loyalty had a part or not. You assume. It's impossible to know for sure.

It might have, but it wasn't the determined factor. Deulofeu wanted to stay. Does it matter? The club sold him anyway.

JamDav1982

I think it's very difficult to say that for sure. You don't know if loyalty had a part or not. You assume. It's impossible to know for sure.

I dont doubt that they wanted to stay and succeed at Barca as their first choice but when that looked difficult both considered leaving and other factors meant they did not go.

So it is totally false to try and state loyalty kept them at the club at the expense of anything else.

serghei

I read a piece of article which said Figo didn't want to move to Real, but was forced by his agent, who was tricked by Perez. If I belive that, then it would result Figo was not unloyal. Loyalty is more about what you do, than what your intentions are. Especially since usually there are a lot of factors that come into a decision. I certainly don't buy such a story that reduces everything to a matter of luck (injury, family intervention etc.).

JamDav1982

I read a piece of article which said Figo didn't want to move to Real, but was forced by his agent, who was tricked by Perez. If I belive that, then it would result Figo is loyal. Loyalty is more about what you do, than what your intentions are. Especially since usually there are a lot of factors that come into a decision. I certainly don't buy such a story that reduces everything to an act of fortune.

Figo loyal?

Fuck me that takes the biscuit.

Loyalty is not defined by what you do it is defined by why you do it.

F

Flavia

I read a piece of article which said Figo didn't want to move to Real, but was forced by his agent, who was tricked by Perez. If I belive that, then it would result Figo was not unloyal. Loyalty is more about what you do, than what your intentions are. Especially since usually there are a lot of factors that come into a decision. I certainly don't buy such a story that reduces everything to a matter of luck (injury, family intervention etc.).

A lot of factors come to a decision. But professional players don't use loyalty as you guys say. They think of themselves first, all of them.

Figo loyal?

Fuck me that takes the biscuit.

It surely does... figo loyal, thiago a traitor :lol:

DonAK

President of FC Barcelona
Oh Figo sure as hell did want to move to Real Madrid. He made that clear.

For me only players moving to that team can be traitors.

I don't see how someone simply moving to another club is a traitor, especially when it's to a team in another freaking country.

What's next, 80% of the footballers in the World are traitors?

F

Flavia

Why is Figo more unloyal than Thiago?

Figo moved to real madrid. That's the only instance a player can be accused of being disloyal: Moving to the rival club.
Because moving to a different club is something that happens, it's the norm, actually. Not many players stay at the same club thru their careers. But they all can avoid moving to rival clubs.

Arda is not a traitor to atletico, because he didn't go to rm. But Enrique is a traitor from a rm pov, as he moved to Barça.

Home of Barca Fans