Thiago Translantara

Yannik

yannick should switch from using the third person "they" to first person "we" when talking about bayern. :lucho:

Why should I do that? I like Bayern, on an international base my favourite club, but I'm not bavarian or claiming to be one. Hannover is my "we", but I would hardly talk about them on a Barcelona forum mate.

JamDav1982

Thiago was sold via release clause because it dropped from 90m to 25m because he wasn't playing 30mins in 60% of the games.
Valdes leaving on his own terms is basically what I'm saying, not something Barca wanted. Alves neither. You might just count the latter 2 as a half, and then it's still 2-1 as Bayern really only ever sold Kroos, before that Ballack in 2006 was the last one.

Thiago wasnt really against the will of the club. They could have altered that and were willing to let one of he or Cesc to go.

Alves maybe but he went on a clause the club accepted and would have probably not been there too much longer.

Hargreaves left Bayern when they wanted to keep him as well I think.

DonAK

President of FC Barcelona
Thiago was sold via release clause because it dropped from 90m to 25m because he wasn't playing 60% of the games.
Valdes leaving on his own terms is basically what I'm saying, not something Barca wanted. Alves neither. You might just count the latter 2 as a half, and then it's still 2-1 as Bayern really only ever sold Kroos, before that Ballack in 2006 was the last one.

The chances for Thiago to play to avoid his release clause dropping were there, but Tito didn't play him. Thiago held talks with Zubi before he left, Zubi didn't guarantee him anything which teams usually do to keep players. The intention to keep Thiago wasn't really there from the beginning. He was deemed surplus to requirements since we had Xavi, Iniesta and Cesc. Poor planning rather than losing a player against our will. Didn't want Valdes to leave, sure, that's right.

We renewed Alves with that clause put in. We knew he would or could exercise that to leave on free. All in all, only Valdes left against our own will.

- Thiago left because we didn't seem to count on him

- We were prepared to move on from Alves anyway had it not been for the transfer ban

- Valdes was the one who left when we wanted him to stay

1-1 or 1-2 if you want to count Ballack or 2-2 if you want to count Thiago and Ballack from both sides.

Why not agree on that neither team really loses players they want to keep?

Yannik

Thiago wasnt really against the will of the club. They could have altered that and were willing to let one of he or Cesc to go.

Hargreaves case is 10 years old.
The only reason why there was a choice between Thiago and Cesc was because the contract clause put an ultimatum on Barca.
It was Thiagos choice to leave in the end, Barca had to fair with it. That's what "leaving against the will of the club" means.

JamDav1982

Hargreaves case is 10 years old.
The only reason why there was a choice between Thiago and Cesc was because the contract clause put an ultimatum on Barca.
It was Thiagos choice to leave in the end, Barca had to fair with it. That's what "leaving against the will of the club" means.

You mentioned Ballack who left before Hargreaves.

Barca could have stopped Thiago leaving and didnt. It was not against the will of the club.

Yannik

You mentioned Ballack who left before Hargreaves.

Barca could have stopped Thiago leaving and didnt. It was not against the will of the club.

I mentioned Ballack to point out how far back it was. At Ballack, (or Hargreaves) time, Bayern was a selling club. They kinda went from selling to buying club when they gave Madrid a no for Ribery. We can argue back and forth about Thiago. Technically Bayern could have paid Kroos' demanded salary, it was also a matter of choices, but that doesn't mean they were happy to be even forced into making such choices, that's life then.

JamDav1982

I mentioned Ballack to point out how far back it was. At Ballack, (or Hargreaves) time, Bayern was a seeling club. They kinda went from selling to buying club when they gave Madrid a no for Ribery. We can argue back and forth about Thiago. Technically Bayern could have paid Kroos' demanded salary, it was also a "choice", but they didn't want those choices so they gave him away, that's life.

Basically I dont think either club would sell a first team starter under contract that they didnt want to see go. Neither are 'selling club' but there are circumstances to do with contracts etc that can force their hands.

There is no real difference.

Yannik

Basically I dont think either club would sell a first team starter under contract that they didnt want to see go. Neither are 'selling club' but there are circumstances to do with contracts etc that can force their hands.

There is no real difference.

I second that.

hulinat

Yeah, let's trade top 3 player in the World for Thiago. Makes sense.

Makes lots of sense. Thiago will soon be in that top category aswell and who knows how long Neymar will be able to play at that top level considering most brazilian forwards tend to turn from world class to pure shit in just 1 season. Besides he's constantly flirting with other clubs and pissing everybody off so wouldn't mind selling him away for a world record fee while its still possible.

JamDav1982

Makes lots of sense. Thiago will soon be in that top category aswell and who knows how long Neymar will be able to play at that top level considering most brazilian forwards tend to turn from world class to pure shit in just 1 season. Besides he's constantly flirting with other clubs and pissing everybody off so wouldn't mind selling him away for a world record fee while its still possible.

This bollocks about Brazilian players peaking early or turning shit all of a sudden again...

Neymar is far better than Thiago and approaching his peak. Ridiculous shout.

Home of Barca Fans