Thiago Translantara

DonAndres

Wild Man of Borneo
Thiago coming back is even more absurdly unlikely than Verratti. How could one possibly imagine that Bayern would let their star performer transfer to a CL rival? How can one imagine that Thiago would leave after he's spent the best part of his career at Bayern and will be their main orchestrator for several years?

La Masia or not, the obstacles in the way of this move are insurmountable. We fucked up hard the first time, this is one mistake that can't be reversed.

gasgas

Thiago coming back is even more absurdly unlikely than Verratti. How could one possibly imagine that Bayern would let their star performer transfer to a CL rival? How can one imagine that Thiago would leave after he's spent the best part of his career at Bayern and will be their main orchestrator for several years?

La Masia or not, the obstacles in the way of this move are insurmountable. We fucked up hard the first time, this is one mistake that can't be reversed.
[MENTION=16684]Joppe[/MENTION]
This explains my point bettr

hulinat

we'll just have to disagree then. I can not think of any reason why he would so badly want to stay at Bayern if Barca came asking for his signature. One thing we can all agree is that Barca is MUCH better club than Bayern, his brother plays here, his sister and family lives in Spain, he gets to finally play alongside Iniesta, Busquets and Messi, no player is holding him back, he's a guaranteed starter. We can also most likely offer him better wages and he can finally fulfill his dream, win trophies, and play with his brother and best friends who he grew up with.

JamDav1982

we'll just have to disagree then. I can not think of any reason why he would so badly want to stay at Bayern if Barca came asking for his signature. One thing we can all agree is that Barca is MUCH better club than Bayern, his brother plays here, his sister and family lives in Spain, he gets to finally play alongside Iniesta, Busquets and Messi, no player is holding him back, he's a guaranteed starter. We can also most likely offer him better wages and he can finally fulfill his dream, win trophies, and play with his brother and best friends who he grew up with.

He could arguably be Bayerns main man in the next few years while at Barca will be at the very least behind Messi let alone Neymar.

That freedom and responsibility to carry a top team would be main reason he stays I think.

hulinat

He could arguably be Bayerns main man in the next few years while at Barca will be at the very least behind Messi let alone Neymar.

That freedom and responsibility to carry a top team would be main reason he stays I think.

There are still bigger stars than Thiago in Bayern like Lewandowski, Muller. I dont think he cares about that kind of stuff and would rather play with the best players in the world, and in the best team in the world where he came from.

JamDav1982

There are still bigger stars than Thiago in Bayern like Lewandowski, Muller. I dont think he cares about that kind of stuff and would rather play with the best players in the world, and in the best team in the world where he came from.

Not about the biggest names really it is about the prominence he would have in each team and he could be the man the whole Bayern side is built around much more so than Barca.

Time will tell.

DonAK

President of FC Barcelona
Depends on the journalist tbh. Some great Barca-related ones in Cadena Ser just as there are some shit ones in Mundo Deportivo. The Thiago report is from Adria Albets who's very decent, so could be true.

Either way, there's so many rumors these days and 90% of them are crap at this stage of the season.

What we do know is that Robert is definitely going to sign a RB and a Midfielder. Who we're going to sign and this and that player is pure speculation although someone like Bellerin seem like an obvious transfer target, especially with the comments he's making recently.

Last edited:

Luftstalag14

Culé de Celestial Empire
When will people realize he does NOT want to return? Why are we still talking about him as a potential target in the first place?

Go full force on Verratti.

Yannik

He isn't exactly living shabby in Munich either, dude.
Bayern picked him up, transformed him into the prodigy people were hoping he would become, now he is their best player and enjoys his life there.
For some reason Bayern players enjoy their life and don't really consider moves unless the clubs asked them too. Sure, there was like this one exception with Kroos, and Ballack might be another, but who else really? Everyone above the age of 28 "is holding I want to retire here interviews", Xabi is even imigrating to live in Munich from now on, Bayern is smashing in 5 crucial contract extensions every year, every player gets fancy cakes etc. Just because you feel like there's no way he would say no, doesn't mean Thiago who is actually living that life he should give up now, would do the same.

hulinat

When will people realize he does NOT want to return? Why are we still talking about him as a potential target in the first place?

Go full force on Verratti.

did he personally tell you he doesn't want to return? Go full force on the player who keeps signing contract extensions every 6 months.

9thMode

Banned
Can't agree with you here. I would say that pogba has been meh against big teams, while verratti shined against most of the big teams.

Can't just say stuff like that without citing instances, people above me mentioned Pogba against us and Madrid, I mentioned Pogba against Barca and against Madrid, both in the UCL where he managed to hold his own against 2 of the BEST teams in the world regardless of what anyone says. However, Veratti on the other hand always turns to "casper" when he plays big teams.

DonAndres

Wild Man of Borneo
Can't just say stuff like that without citing instances, people above me mentioned Pogba against us and Madrid, I mentioned Pogba against Barca and against Madrid, both in the UCL where he managed to hold his own against 2 of the BEST teams in the world regardless of what anyone says. However, Veratti on the other hand always turns to "casper" when he plays big teams.

I have no idea what kind of matches you've watched then. If Pogba's performances against us and RM are considered good, then this dude truly has a low bar to reach in terms of expectations for people to be impressed by him. He played like a passenger and did nothing of note in either of the matches other than winning a header for Morata to score. His overall play didn't look special in those matches and he didn't demonstrate any abundance of playmaking ability. People were even making excuses for his lackluster displays as a post-injury dip in form.

Verratti on the other hand has been stellar on multiple occasions when he's played against us despite being on the losing side (at least 3 good to great performances). He pretty much blew his load all over our midfield in that 4-0 performance, seemed almost impossible to dispossess him. There are several clips of him against us over the years withstanding waves of pressure from Iniesta/Busquets/Messi/Neymar/etc. without losing the ball. If anything, Marco's assist for Draxler's goal was far more impressive than Pogba's assist for Morata's against RM, yet people praise it as Pogba's shining achievement in a big match to establish him as a top tier midfielder. Verratti also has 2 great performances and one good one against Chelsea in the CL, refer to his match compilations for evidence. He wasn't available against City when PSG got knocked out last season so he couldn't showcase his abilities against them. All in all, Verratti hasn't had a diverse sample space of big matches to perform in. He's played against Barca/Chelsea most of the time, PSG get stuck with pretty repetitive draws. Yet I'm still willing to say that on his best days he showed more playmaking genius/prowess in a given game than Pogba has in most of his big matches combined. The revisionist gymnastics it takes to portray Pogba as some sort of 'King of Clutch' is ridiculous.

Some Verratti highlights against Chelsea:

I already posted the comp of Verratti against Barcelona over the years in his thread I believe.

Home of Barca Fans