Thiago Translantara

Silver

He's a good prospect. Only he needs is consistency. Consistency comes with experience. Most young players have this problem ( Bojan, Balotelli, Pato)

Metaphysical

Bomb Dropper
he did alright. nothing spectacular (well, the finish was pretty juicy - and the miss was shocking) but we were playing with our volante in the pivot, so it was harder for us to get a grip on the game higher up the pitch. he's shown he'll be a valuable squad member next season, but he's not ready to step into a regular rotation with Xaviesta.

impeh

Hi, its me..
i agree.

Dont think we should loan him next season, he has looked good in his last few previous games.

i just hope that, if cesc comes, this kid wont disappear.

he always looks for the ball and as we saw yesterday, can get in decent positions, anyone know if he can shoot from distance? The way he strolls around xavi-esque is nice to see :)

One of the commentators yesterday for sky sports said that his brother is the more talented of the 2.. is that true?

Xavi_78

i agree.

Dont think we should loan him next season, he has looked good in his last few previous games.

i just hope that, if cesc comes, this kid wont disappear.

he always looks for the ball and as we saw yesterday, can get in decent positions, anyone know if he can shoot from distance? The way he strolls around xavi-esque is nice to see :)

One of the commentators yesterday for sky sports said that his brother is the more talented of the 2.. is that true?

So is the saying. He brother did already some minutes for the B-Team.

fcbarcatenerife

So far I think that Rafinha has not done anything to be rated over his brother, although he's very good as well.

I think that Thiago needs to stay, because there are few other midfields in the world that play anything like ours; Villarreal, maybe. So he's only going to continue to grow the Barça way if he stays at Camp Nou. But at the same time, it's obvious he's not ready to be a star or even to play in a regular rotation. He needs to learn the golden rule for the Barça midfield: DON'T LOSE THE BALL, EVER. He also needs to learn how to constantly make himself available for passes like Xavi and, to a lesser extent, Iniesta. He tends to disappear for stretches of matches. Finally, he doesn't really press effectively in the midfield, at least I haven't seen put the screws to anybody like Xavi and Iniesta do. That said, he's obviously one of those players dipped in fairy dust who will consistently come up with plays that make you gasp with pleasure, and that is just as important to the Barça ethos as taking care of the ball.

I'm thinking that we should try to bring Cesc in. I can't see Xavi lasting many more seasons, and Thiago will need a couple more to mature. I can see a future midfield rotation with Busquets/Mascherano/Cesc/Iniesta/Thiago/Afellay when Xavi and Keita are gone.

FCBarca

Mike the Knife
Not so happy with his performance yesterday. He can do much better.

He's young but I don't see how that can be used an excuse, tbh...Iniesta & Cesc both at a similar age were far more composed on the ball...He gets so careless that I often times have to wonder where he actually was trained, here or in Brasil...Gave away at least 3 balls in very dangerous areas with little to zero pressure

He's better than that but I haven't seen him show that sort of maturity to boss a midfield consistently, even in a less meaningful match like the one yesterday

Yugi

it´s those brazilian genes, he has Ronaldinho´s dribbling and makes impossible passes, Pep needs to drill in him that ball matter and he should care where it goes

FCBarca

Mike the Knife
And what a relief it was, honestly, to finally see JDS play like I thought he could....He hadn't looked that good for Barca since the summer of '09

But, true, how is it that Thiago lapses into some Juvenil A player when JDS is out there, eh?

kadeng

And what a relief it was, honestly, to finally see JDS play like I thought he could....He hadn't looked that good for Barca since the summer of '09

But, true, how is it that Thiago lapses into some Juvenil A player when JDS is out there, eh?

because jds forces him loosing the ball with his jealous glance.
hmm IMO jds is actually the better player..

Aryagorn

Improvin' Perfection!!
Skill wise Thiago is definitely better than JDS... But the latter got a high class cool head compared to Thiago.

I wish JDS didn't have to endure that period when he had a total dip in confidence. We probably would have seen more of him if it were the case, because Pep seems to favour JDS to Thiago

Home of Barca Fans