Thiago Translantara

FCBarca

Mike the Knife
Found this bit interesting from Danish scout, Stig Torbjørnsen, who could not stop raving over Thiago...but bear with me, it's largely from google translate

I and 80 other scouts just sat and rolled our eyes at Thiago because of his enormous talent

Danish scout, Stig Torbjørnsen, cannot remember the last time he had witnessed a more talented player despite recalling Leo Messi at this same tournament when he was then 20 years of age.

"'If Jordan Henderson is valued at 20 million, Thiago must be worth several billion. He was completely in his own class in this tournament. I saw Lionel Messi at the U20 World Cup in 2005, when he was named the tournament's best player. But Thiago has impressed me even much more than Messi. I'm not saying he is better than Messi but that he is that insanely good.'

In fact, Stig struggles to find how Thiago is any less Iniesta or Xavi in his command of the midfield. When asked that these were big words, he replied ' I understand those that follow Barcelona closer & better than me may disagree, and I know we are talking about the world's best players, but I have never seen such talent'

When asked what is it that the scout sees so strongly in the player, Stig rolled his eyes 'He has an intelligent game and technical repertoire that is out of this world. Running the midfield so elegantly he played as if he was half machine. He jogged around, and seemed to just enjoy himself. The boy was so quick in the legs and head that it was a joy to watch, says Torbjørnsen.'

He went on to relate that he was not alone in this analysis as the scouts in the stands numbered around 80 and the opinion was unanimous. 'There was a moment in one match where Thiago went up for a ball that seemed to be too high. He jumped up, the chest of the opponent and took the opposite on the other side. (Sorry, translation) Then we all looked at each other and just rolled our collective eyes. I was not alone in thinking that Thiago was insanely good, let's put it that way.'

Yugi

that was fucking :worthy: post FCBarca, I just dont see a reason why we should buy Cesc, let´s hope it´s just another media obssession things
thiago is old-skool brazilian mid with la masia lick imho

Home of Barca Fans