Thiago Translantara

DonAndres

Wild Man of Borneo
Even so, he has played as much as Iniesta last season and this season he would have played more if it weren't for these injuries that hampered his progresion. The good thing for him is that he seems to have the trust of his teammates and his coach, but if somehow the things are not working for him at Barca I would like to see Thiago reunited with Pep.

I hope pep takes over at Milan. He could build them back to European elites and return the glory they once had. Plus he has El Sharaawy leading the helm for a rebirth.

Markouskas

Teacher and student

707130344.gif

Barcaman

Administrator
Staff member
I have no fear over his future in Barca. He has time on his side plus his defensive input surpases that of Xavi, Iniesta or Cesc. Coaches love that kind of players.

Not suprised he played more than Iniesta last season.

OriginalThinking

I hope pep takes over at Milan. He could build them back to European elites and return the glory they once had. Plus he has El Sharaawy leading the helm for a rebirth.

I absolutely hope he stays well clear whilst Berlusconi is in power. That despicable man doesn't deserve the success, drive, values and intellect of a man like Guardiola. Silvio is a contemptible human being.

Barcaman

Administrator
Staff member
Silvio is actually the best living president of any football club. The trophies Milan won during his presidency speak for themselves.
Roman, that sheikh, or other sheikh in Psg, or even Sandro aren't saints either.

Cule4life

The Culest
Silvio is actually the best living president of any football club. The trophies Milan won during his presidency speak for themselves.
Roman, that sheikh, or other sheikh in Psg, or even Sandro aren't saints either.
He maybe good in the past but doesn't mean he is a saint for life.
Milan are short of funds but he seems to have unlimited money to pay for Bunga Bunga parties, $4m monthly alimony to his ex wife and paying for trophy wives 50 years younger than him. Gotta wonder where those $80m from sales of of Ibra and T.Silva went
Sheikh Mansoor is pumping money to not only buy players but is also investing in the youth set up and is actually patient in getting results unlike Abramovich

zanela

Even so, he has played as much as Iniesta last season and this season he would have played more if it weren't for these injuries that hampered his progresion. The good thing for him is that he seems to have the trust of his teammates and his coach, but if somehow the things are not working for him at Barca I would like to see Thiago reunited with Pep.

If i remember right, Iniesta had two spells of injury last season. Still, Iniesta had 300+ mins over Thiago, the only comp the latter having played more was the CDR (and i don't classify Thiago a CDR player anymore). Thiago's mins is contingent to the availability of his 3 senior midfielders. And whilst his peers in Isco, Gotze, Hazard etc are thriving on a weekly basis, Thiago's back up role can be viewed both a boon and curse for the foreseeable. More importantly, how long will Thiago be content with it.

GiantKiller

If i remember right, Iniesta had two spells of injury last season. Still, Iniesta had 300+ mins over Thiago, the only comp the latter having played more was the CDR (and i don't classify Thiago a CDR player anymore). Thiago's mins is contingent to the availability of his 3 senior midfielders. And whilst his peers in Isco, Gotze, Hazard etc are thriving on a weekly basis, Thiago's back up role can be viewed both a boon and curse for the foreseeable. More importantly, how long will Thiago be content with it.

I don't think saying the part in bold is true because, firstly, Thiago is an excellent option for rotation. Our midfielders, particularly Andres and Cesc, shouldn't be playing 90 minutes week in week out and Xavi needs to be preserved as much as possible. He has shown to be capable of playing in any position in the middle of the pitch and is arguably still a better option than Cesc in the 'Xavi' role, with the latter still in catch-up mode.

Also, as far as his competitors in his age group are concerned, Thiago has the advantage of playing with the likes of Xavi and Iniesta. Getting regular minutes is one thing but having the presence of WC players playing in the same position as you is another as you learn a lot. I remember reading an interview a while ago (Not sure if it was Titos') that youngsters coming out of the Masia, often midfielders, generally enter the peak stage during their mid-twenties. Thiago and his father have committed his future to the club, haven't they? Along with that, the fact that he's been rated highly by Pep and surely still is by his peers makes the PTC in me feel assured. :D

Cule4life

The Culest

I agree with u. Lets look at plans to combat this
Since now we are 9 and 16 points clear. We can give him more minutes to rest Xavi Iniesta for the big games.
Barca is the best "big" club for him where he'll get most playing time. How many minutes do you think he'll get at the likes of Chelsea(Oscar) and City.
At clubs like sevilla he'll get regular playing time but he'll miss out on the guidance of Xavi, Iniesta etc.
I hope he knows that Barca is the best for his develeopment and we dont have another Bojan.

zanela

I agree with u. Lets look at plans to combat this
Since now we are 9 and 16 points clear. We can give him more minutes to rest Xavi Iniesta for the big games.
Barca is the best "big" club for him where he'll get most playing time. How many minutes do you think he'll get at the likes of Chelsea(Oscar) and City.
At clubs like sevilla he'll get regular playing time but he'll miss out on the guidance of Xavi, Iniesta etc.
I hope he knows that Barca is the best for his develeopment and we dont have another Bojan.

You don't think he can start at either City or Chelsea? In fact, City is crying out for a player like Thiago in central midfield.

As for Chelsea,

----DM---Thiago--
Mata---Oscar--Hazard
------striker---------

Like i already said, his current role at Barca can be viewed as a boon, one where you're under the umbrella of such esteemed talents (and by that i don't mean Cesc). But maximisation and consistency can only be achieved through an expansive platform. For a player of his age in particular.

Home of Barca Fans