Thomas Muller

Wavy

He doesn't only have a punchable face, he is also a total dick... Excellent player, though...

What's your definition of being a dick? You just not liking someone or they actually have to have dickish behavior? The only dick move I remember Thomas doing is the one he pulled on Jordi Alba.

serghei

What's your definition of being a dick? You just not liking someone or they actually have to have dickish behavior? The only dick move I remember Thomas doing is the one he pulled on Jordi Alba.

And what's the dickish behaviour of Busquets, other than the Motta incident?

Bad rep. is not built on actual facts most of the time. Like the idea that Busquets is a diver because he exaggerated a contact 5 years ago and got a player (who was already on a yellow) sent off.

Yannik

And what's the dickish behaviour of Busquets, other than the Motta incident?

Bad rep. is not built on actual facts most of the time. Like the idea that Busquets is a diver because he exaggerated a contact 5 years ago and got a player (who was already on a yellow) sent off.

Let me get this straight because this is what I have been trying to say in my other comments.
People here on the barcaforum (but not just here) always tend to dislike certain players of rivaling teams because they just want to do so. What basically happens is that you watch a match or an interview from this guy and then all of a sudden he dives, he collides with your favourite player in a heated moment, he humiliated him with a skill, he says something arrogant, scores 2 or 3 goals against your favourite team or whatever. Your subconscious needs just 8 seconds to perceive this guy as an "enemy".
This means that you will most likely hate him forever, no matter how minor the iniative reason was, and there is in fact no way how he could ever regain your favor. Whenever you would read or watch interviews or watch gameplay by him from now on, you'd basically scan those for further ridiculously minor reasons and you'D really take every straw there is ("punchable face", "why didnt he speak english in that interview", "how dare he celebrate a tap-in" etc) to approve your own perceivement.
In that situation it doesnt matter if these criterias do also apply to actions of your own players, because you have a narrow focus on the guy you just randomly decided to despise.
If your own player would do that, you would always give him another chance like "okay he was a douche there. But I know he isnt so bad as a person", but you'd never do that for the guy you hate.

Worst thing is, that the iniative reason that led you to the decision "I ahte this player from now on", doesnt even have to be a ligitimate reason anymore. 50% of this forum don't like Hazard for example. Not because he would've ever done anything bad, but because people in the internet dared to compare him to holy Neymar, as both were similar age and position. It can be that easy.

Last edited:

Luftstalag14

Culé de Celestial Empire
Let me get this straight because this is what I have been trying to say in my other comments.
People here on the barcaforum (but not just here) always tend to dislike certain players of rivaling teams because they just want to do so. What basically happens is that you watch a match or an interview from this guy and then all of a sudden he dives, he collides with your favourite player in a heated moment, he humiliated him with a skill, he says something arrogant, scores 2 or 3 goals against your favourite team or whatever. Your subconscious needs just 8 seconds to perceive this guy as an "enemy".
This means that you will most likely hate him forever, no matter how minor the iniative reason was, and there is in fact no way how he could ever regain your favor. Whenever you would read or watch interviews or watch gameplay by him from now on, you'd basically scan those for further ridiculously minor reasons and you'D really take every straw there is ("punchable face", "why didnt he speak english in that interview", "how dare he celebrate a tap-in" etc) to approve your own perceivement.
In that situation it doesnt matter if these criterias do also apply to actions of your own players, because you have a narrow focus on the guy you just randomly decided to despise.
If your own player would do that, you would always give him another chance like "okay he was a douche there. But I know he isnt so bad as a person", but you'd never do that for the guy you hate.

Worst thing is, that the iniative reason that led you to the decision "I ahte this player from now on", doesnt even have to be a ligitimate reason anymore. 50% of this forum don't like Hazard for example. Not because he would've ever done anything bad, but because people in the internet dared to compare him to holy Neymar, as both were similar age and position. It can be that easy.

I think there is a lot of truth to what you said, after all, we are just being human and we humans are not always rational.

However, what you described above has its limits and can not be applied to every situation and scenario out there. It is hard to explain human feelings and how and why they came about, love and hate. For example, in my case I disliked Mueller long before he did what he did to Alba. Me not liking him had nothing to do with Barca.

By the way, I don't agree with your assessment that 50% of us don't like Hazard here, not at all. And even those who rate Neymar higher than Hazard are not necessarily disliking him. Saying A is better than B doesn't mean I dislike B.

Yannik

I think there is a lot of truth to what you said, after all, we are just being human and we humans are not always rational.

However, what you described above has its limits and can not be applied to every situation and scenario out there. It is hard to explain human feelings and how and why they came about, love and hate. For example, in my case I disliked Mueller long before he did what he did to Alba. Me not liking him had nothing to do with Barca.

By the way, I don't agree with your assessment that 50% of us don't like Hazard here, not at all. And even those who rate Neymar higher than Hazard are not necessarily disliking him. Saying A is better than B doesn't mean I dislike B.

50% is exagerated, but this as a reason works for many.
Its always case specific, but there is a pattern.

Yannik

12027628_1580038878702989_6964345194887782266_n.jp  g

Last edited:

DonAndres

Wild Man of Borneo
People say he's an arrogant cunt but tbh his only arrogance is pride for his team, as an individual he's really humble and genuine. Couldn't say the same for guys like Ibra or Ronaldo.

What a goal though :worthy:, he's playing incredibly this season.

People say he's an arrogant cunt but tbh his only arrogance is pride for his team, as an individual he's really humble and genuine. Couldn't say the same for guys like Ibra or Ronaldo.

What a goal though :worthy:, he's playing incredibly this season.

No - he is just arrogant when it means the club.

He wanted to give the penalty for the 3:0 to Thiago because he had played a real good match. But Pep gave signs that he should take it.

Home of Barca Fans