Toni Kroos

dakt

Only because we dont have a pure playmaker on our side except an old xavi. Kroos is a pure playmaker and can do the job but rakitic iniesta or busquets are not able to do so. Big mistake not to buy him and look at real. Their midfield is now better than ours much stronger than last year. If we had buy him we would have a stronger midfield even if not we would weak real but we did we do?? We replaced fabregas with rakitic. It wasnt a bade move rakitic is a good replacement for fabregas but not for xavi. Its like we want getting them stronger than us like our managemant works for them haha so funny.

You are wrong in thinking that Kroos alone would fix our midfield problems.

KingMessi

SiempreBlaugrana
Kroos, like Rakitic, would be shackled to covering for Alves. Which means, again, he couldn't do anything to help us.

hamad138

Banned
His corners are the best in the world, noone comes near to him in corners

Too bad our board veto him because he is no barca player, whatever that is

Alarcón

Our board didn't veto him because he's no Barça player but because they have no clue. They don't even know what a "Barça player" is.

R

Ryu Hayabusa

His corners are the best in the world, noone comes near to him in corners

Too bad our board veto him because he is no barca player, whatever that is

Yeah... he was excellent at corners and freekicks when he started at Bayern, when he played for the NT and now at Madrid. But for most of his time at Bayern, he was fairly shit at those things tbh. But then Bayern have continually degraded in that regard, especially since Pep arrived. So Kroos is probably only partially at fault there.

Morten

Kroos is the closest you can come to Xavi today, in my opinion. Obviously they have differences, as most players have.

red dragon2

I disagree. I think Kroos is much closer to Xabi than to Xavi. ;)
Yes, kroos gets better every year, its funny when he first played for bayern everyone said he was too lazy and selfish, now he is controlling games, when, before he used to play as a static 10. The transformation is incredible.

DonAndres

Wild Man of Borneo
He's performing well in that holding midfielder role but I don't see a 'Xavi' in him. He's in his ideal conditions now for RM, spraying passes from a deep position without having to contend with much pressure or have creative duties.

He can make some passes between the lines but he needs a lot of time and can't stand that much pressure, anything more than one man coming from one direction and he suffers. Playing exclusively behind the opposition's defensive mass benefits him as he doesn't have to contend with the difficulty of tight spaces. His long balls and set piece deliveries are his strongest points. Spreading the ball and keeping it moving pretty much defines his role at Real. Defensively I'm not at all impressed, makes a lot of sloppy fouls and has wayward positioning at times.

All in all, he's basically on the same wavelength of a player as Rakitic except with tidier passing and less mobility. I could see Rakitic performing his role at Madrid with the same level of success and probably better defensively too since they have the same qualities and faults (great long-balls and ability to spread passes wide but poor vision, agility, and struggle under pressure).

Xavi is much more of a playmaker than either of the two. Creating space and combining with all of his teammates in the bulk of the midfield, not behind the pressure. He takes a large responsibility for chance creation and that's why the likes of Gundogan/Koke/Modric are closer to his role.

Last edited:

hamad138

Banned
Is the guy not tired yet? He plays all the time and Carlo dont sub him. I mean his fatigue must be very low now.

And stupid zubi got rakitic over him.....

Home of Barca Fans