Transfers and Rumours - old thread

D

Don_Andrés

Piquè, Mascherano, Puyol, Abidal, Bartra.
I think that for next season it's necessary to buy only 1 strong CB.

I'd still be in favour of two new CB's (a Hummels, Subotic, Kompany, Verthonghan type and a Martinez, Marquinhos type). Abidal has yet, still to be offered a contract for next season and if he did stay, how many games could you Abidal & Puyol starting next season? I think their roles would be that in a rotation/back-up role.

D

Don_Andrés

I'd still be in favour of two new CB's (a Hummels, Subotic, Kompany, Verthonghan and T.Silva type and a Martinez, Marquinhos type)

Forget Thiago Silva :wacko:

R

rivaldo10

i believe that silva will go to city

i think we should sell pique and use the money for kompany and hummels

fcbdna

Banned
At least we agree on Ogbonna (who can also play LB), but why do you discredit Höwedes and Ranocchia?

Höwedes is a great defender, very strong, committed, good aerially and competitive. . . . Just don't know how he would fair with our play style. He seems to prefer playing deep.

Ranocchia: Can't get a starting place in Inter's dwindling and fumbling defense . What makes you think he'd be good here?

Plip

Cardenal de Catalunya
Forget Thiago Silva :wacko:

Or Hummels for that matter, as we already have two CBs with an uncannily similar profile to Hummels'.

What we need is a CB that would fit Piqué's / Bartra's style of play and be more of Puyol's mould, i.e. fast, agile and physical defender. Leadership skills would be a plus, but I very much doubt there are exact carbon copies out there that wouldn't cost us a fortune.

Last edited:

Barcilliant

People seem to forget one important fact. You can buy the best in-form players in the world BUT they still have to integrate well into the side. Cesc, Ibra, Villa-all world class players. All have been underwhelming. I thought Villa would be the perfect fit for Barca but I was wrong. Ibra was ok but didnt fit in. Cesc has been on and off.

Hell, Rijkaard looks like a genius in the trf market compared to Pep and Tito. Also Zubizaretta is an idiot and our scouting is shit. Dortmunds team was assembled for less then 40 million Euros. Thats called good scouting. Just buying big names is not good enough. Neither is buying someone like Kerrison for 12 million. The guy is so bad we wont even let him into the B team.

fcbdna

Banned
Or Hummels for that matter, as we already have two CBs with an uncannily similar profile to Hummels'.

What we need is a CB that would fit Piqué's / Bartra's style of play and be more of Puyol's mould, i.e. fast, agile and physical defender. Leadership skills would be a plus, but I very much doubt that there are exact carbon copies out there that wouldn't cost us a fortune.

Kompany or Höwedes would be good. . . But as I stated earlier. City might not wan't Kompany to leave, and can Höwedes adapt?

Plip

Cardenal de Catalunya
Kompany or Höwedes would be good. . . But as I stated earlier. City might not wan't Kompany to leave, and can Höwedes adapt?

Pretty much this. City are never going to sell Kompany for anything less than €30-40m, given they don't really have to (unless of course Kompany himself pushes for the transfer).

Höwedes has looked quite decent from what I've seen of Schalke this season, although I'm not entirely sure whether he would fall into the "fast and agile" brackets.

fcbdna

Banned
List of affordable CB we can go for:

Kyriakos Papadopoulos
Höwedes
Ogbonna
Zouma
Mangala
Sakho
Marquinhos
Martinez
Santana
Dmytro Chygrynskiy :worthy: :lol:

khaled_a_d

List of affordable CB we can go for:

Kyriakos Papadopoulos
Höwedes
Ogbonna
Zouma
Mangala
Sakho
Marquinhos
Martinez
Santana
Dmytro Chygrynskiy :worthy: :lol:

Unfortunately it looks this way ,Hummels/Silva/Subotic/Kompany won't move this tbh you can add Vermaleen and Agger to the list too ,and may be Rat

Home of Barca Fans