Transfers and Rumours - old thread

LeoMessi10

Good press conference from Tito today. No specifics on transfers.

Mundo Deportivo is speculating 5 to 6 signings as some have noted here (GK, CB, 2 CM, 2 F). I disagree with their position. There is no way Barcelona signs that many first team players. The first team is already considered overbooked (given still unresolved loan situations), and the club would have to sell a whole raft of players to make way for so many new signings.

You don't see that kind of transfer action outside of coach and/or new president elections.

I think four is the absolute ceiling, and there will be significant names leaving the club just to make four.

100% agree

Cruijffista

SOY ANTIMADRIDISTA
I believe 5 signings will be made.

A new goalkeeper will be needed with Valdes leaving. I've heard the names Guaita and Reina the most but it wouldn't surprise me if they go with Handanovic or Ter Stegen. Sanchez may part of a deal for Handanovic. Valdes will be exposed for the very average keeper he is once he leaves. We're definitely getting an upgrade here.

Hummels will more than likely be the new CB and I hope the club brings in another CB like Marquinhos or Inigo Martinez. Getting 2 CBs will push Pique and allow us to move Mascherano back to DM duties and allow us to sell Alex Song. Mascherano could serve as our 4th option @ CB.

Sanchez and Villa will be both sold this summer. Sanchez will be back in Italy and hopefully we let Villa continue his career elsewhere as Tito has never showed in any confidence in him, Villa hasn't deserved the treatment he has gotten from Tito at all. With that said, it sounds very likely Neymar is coming and a second forward will be bought. It wouldn't surprise me if it's Aguero but we might just shock everyone and get Suarez. It wouldn't surprise if the 2nd forward is Jackson Martinez, Mario Gomez, etc.

We are much too dependent on Messi to score goals for us and hopefully some of the new blood invigorates us to get our crown back as the best team in the world. I can't wait for next season!

Last edited:

Zincubus

Banned
Kompany : Won't leave City I think

Silva: Hahaha. . . PSG would laugh us off

Hummels: slow and too expensive

Mangala : Future prospect, pretty decent already. . . Well above average

Martinez: Not too sure. . . Good Alternative

Marquinhos: Looks good. . . On youtube that is

David Luiz : Maybe

How about Sakho?

Sanchez looked great on uTube !!

PS .

I'd love David Luiz !

Zincubus

Banned
This is the guy we want. Young, fast, French and cheap.
imagevdn.jpg

Chris Eubank ??

:)

spark

Why ?

He's recently admitted that he'd love to come to Barca and he only went to PSG last year because he'd agreed to join them and he doesn't go back on promises.

12 million Euros per season might have had something to do with it too :)

impeh

Hi, its me..
Barcelona have already discussed personal terms with Borussia Dortmund centre back Mats Hummels. Asking price expected to be 20-25M. [marca]

Indignado

20m would be an absolute bargain for Hummels, but I doubt very much that Dortmund let another star go after Götze and Lewandowski, certainly not for that little amount. Gündogan and Reus would be soon to follow if Hummels leaves as well.

B

beautifulgame

so... everyone is ripping Dortmund apart... :-/ Might as well snatch Reus up then too.

Even if Hummels comes, another very good CB is needed and I'd go with French or S. American to deal with skillful players.

Home of Barca Fans