Transfers and Rumours - old thread

Kerrybai

Getting midfielder might be a good choice, JDS will probably be sold, Cesc is an attacker now, Xavi is old and must play less. Gundogan would be great for rotation's with Xavi.
OFC, buying him would only be a great choice if we first secure GK and CB position!

I think Thiago has what it takes to become a key figure for us. Buying Gundogan will surely hurt his progression. I don't even like hearing talk about midfielders when we have much more pressing concerns.

Yaya

He's a lot younger and has amazing potential.

Don't get me wrong though, I certainly wouldn't mind Handanovic if he's half as good as I've heard he is.

Which is completely irrelevant when it comes to keepers. Handanović is pretty ''young'' for a GK and he is world class NOW.

Zincubus

Banned
You're right about that, but again, counting points is pointless until the round is over. You make it sound like they have a mid-week game and we don't have any next week.

At the time I was showing my concerns , had we lost last night ( we were behind twice on the night ) then by the time we played our next game - against Atletico Madrid - Real Madrid could have won twice and the lead COULD have been down to TWO points . That's why I was worried . As it stands we will probably go into the Atletico game with a five points lead- still not a perfect situation as I can see them beating us tbh.

Muttu

Cesc certainly doesn't posses characteristic's of a natural attacker, but it's the way he is forced to play here. I don't like that, don't get me wrong :)

Hehe yeah, I figured that's what you meant. Cesc definitely proved he shouldn't be considered a striker, except for maybe against lesser La Liga teams due to injury or w/e. :lol:

Last edited:

Zincubus

Banned
Just watching last nights game .

Why didn't we start with Messi and give him 45 minutes ?

Why didn't we start with Tello who wouod have been up against Lahm who had a yellow card against him and couldn't risk tackling and missing the final ??

spring

Just watching last nights game .

Why didn't we start with Messi and give him 45 minutes ?

Why didn't we start with Tello who wouod have been up against Lahm who had a yellow card against him and couldn't risk tackling and missing the final ??

if it's me, because someone hasn't any creativity and won't learn anything from his mistakes! (next by this):wave:

F

Flavia

As I remember, Roma paid 12m to sign him on a 2 year contract. With another payment to be done to make the deal permenant but they loaned him to Milan this season.

Barca will pay 10m to get him back as an obligatory term in the contract unless Roma wants to pay the rest of the money (can't remember how much).

Edit: Here the news of his moving to Roma: http://madrid-barcelona.com/2011-07-23/el-roma-hace-oficial-el-fichaje-de-bojan/

Barca will have to pay 13m to get him back. Unless Roma pays 28m to make the deal permenant, making it a total of 40m euros to sign Bojan.

Who was the idiot who made this deal??
Zubi? I never fully understood why that deal was so complicated. Or why the fee for roma to get in him was so high. Maybe someone in fcb thought Bojan would become a top striker in italy and roma would be crazy enough to pay the rest of the fee.

abual3bed1

Zubi? I never fully understood why that deal was so complicated. Or why the fee for roma to get in him was so high. Maybe someone in fcb thought Bojan would become a top striker in italy and roma would be crazy enough to pay the rest of the fee.

I think the obligatory buyback clause means that Barca had high hopes for Bojan. But even if Bojan went carzy in Italy, Roma isn't the team to pay 28m for a player after already paying 12m.

I blame both Zubi and Rosell. Pep wanted Bojan out and yet they insisted on putting a buyback clause, it's like they knew that by the time they have to get him back, Pep won't be here.

DonAndres

Wild Man of Borneo
Liverpool keeper Reina is the most likely successor of Valdes, while Roma player Marquinhos is becoming a serious option at centre back [md]

Reina- bad

Marquinhos- good

khaled_a_d

As I remember, Roma paid 12m to sign him on a 2 year contract. With another payment to be done to make the deal permenant but they loaned him to Milan this season.

Barca will pay 10m to get him back as an obligatory term in the contract unless Roma wants to pay the rest of the money (can't remember how much).

Edit: Here the news of his moving to Roma: http://madrid-barcelona.com/2011-07-23/el-roma-hace-oficial-el-fichaje-de-bojan/

Barca will have to pay 13m to get him back. Unless Roma pays 28m to make the deal permenant, making it a total of 40m euros to sign Bojan.

Who was the idiot who made this deal??

:zubi:

Liverpool keeper Reina is the most likely successor of Valdes, while Roma player Marquinhos is becoming a serious option at centre back [md]

Reina- bad

Marquinhos- good

Marquinhos is still too young with little experience for a position that is really tough to play,I think we need someone else beside him

DonAndres

Wild Man of Borneo
I agree there but Marquinhos would be a great, great transfer to lock in for the future. Buying one CB and Marquinhos to loan back to Roma could be a good idea

XaviMessiGirl

I agree, one of Silva/Hummels/someone similar with Marquinhos as a protege would be perfect. Question is could/would the club do that.

Home of Barca Fans