Transfers and Rumours - old thread

Papabeef

How about starting Montoya at RB? He did great in the two clasicos he played. I think he's ready. Plus, Alba's been better than Alves this season (defensively and offensively).

For sure, Montoya really shines each time he gets the chance, i think he is like a consistent 8/10 player if i rate him vs Dani who is sometimes a 6/10 other times a 9.5/10

Montoya should be used alot more then last season still imo, defensively he might be better than Dani actually, maybe not yet ready to mark off a great player on the wing like a CR7, Ribery...etc but that only improves with actually getting play time.

What about the other side, Alba has been near perfect, some matches he gets lost in the whole attack wave and doesnt cover his spot well, imo when playing counter attack teams that can move the ball well from end to end Alba needs to be alot less proactive up front and focus on actually covering the Def. Adriano, well he can be a better LMF or LWG then many players out there in that position but again defensively he is inconsistent, fast, great shooter but id enjoy having a Lahm type to feel secure, let the other half of the pitch worry about scoring.

Just my two cents...

DavidVillano1

I said a few months ago that I would sell Alves to PSG/Monaco who would pay decent money and move Montoya into the team or sign a more defensive minded right back. A key problem defensively this year has been two attack minded fullbacks in Alba and Alves leaving space in behind.

Papabeef

Alves was a big part of neymar coming.. doubt he'll go.

I hope he does not, he is still needed, his understanding with Messi is alone a great addition to the end result. The guy has more assists to Messi goals than anyone on the squad.

Neymar will be far away from him on the pitch but just having both on the squad will be a mental bonus, Neymar will integrate easy with this guy.

His shooting ability which gets us out of trouble at times, and he is still physically decent. But this season generally Dani, Pique and Masche all underperformed. Its always better to have parts of a certain line under-performing not the whole strip..

Last edited:

Meitux

Agreed totally, Our Attack was great as usual this season, what fell horribly is our defense... Clean sheets became a myth at some point!

We Got Neymar. Release either Sanchez or Villa (Sadly) and we got the other along with Messi , Neymar, Tello, Pedro and Deulofeu to score the goals.

Bring in some defenders ffs, bring one + Keeper and if there is more money then one more. IMO either TWO CB's as Puyol's living his last days physically it seems :s, or one CB and one LB who has ZERO Freaking attacking skills but is a great DEFENDER.
nothing was great as usual,only Messi has been great as usual,without him we have an average not dangerous attack

XaviMessiGirl

I keep saying it's more complicated than you think to sign Handanovic because of the co-ownership. That's part of why the quoted price is so high. I don't think it will happen.

PaulFCB

Banned
Well, let's hope that he doesn't just say these things and there are talks inside the club about this. In each case, if this happens, I hope they have a replacement option ready to sign, probably not Klopp...but I hope not a surprise like Rijkaard :lol:.

Anybody heard some rumours about Fernando Muslera to Barca?

Yes, we offered 17 million, they rejected.

Last edited:
Z

ZiZu

Well, let's hope that he doesn't just say these things and there are talks inside the club about this. In each case, if this happens, I hope they have a replacement option ready to sign, probably not Klopp...but I hope not a surprise like Rijkaard :lol:.

It's not the only thing that they are talking about inside the club .....
Apparently ....

Inside sources claim that Barcelona are ready to offer £17m plus Alexis Sanchez for the Blues creative midfielder Juan Mata !!

I'd prefer David Silva or Cazorla to be honest but if we are doing a deal with Chelsea why not get David Luiz in part- ex for David Luiz ??

Home of Barca Fans