Transfers and Rumours - old thread

mixer

Man United and Bayern are Thiago's two main options now. City, Liverpool, Tottenham, Madrid, Atletico, PSG, Dortmund also interested. [md]

:cry: #11 for Ney, then?

khaled_a_d

Thiago moving to Bayern would be nightmare... Pep would make him a monster

I think Dortmund is better option for him ,Klopp is very good coach developing young players , I might say even better than Pep in that aspect , Thiago will also be granted playing time there

Jadentheman

Haven't seen much of ter Stegen, but he did look very good the little I did see, If he is signed the club should sell Valdes now as money is needed.

I seriously hope they don't loan Mr Stegen back to his old club for one more season so Valdes can get his swan song then take off for free

Man United and Bayern are Thiago's two main options now. City, Liverpool, Tottenham, Madrid, Atletico, PSG, Dortmund also interested. [md]

:cry: #11 for Ney, then?

11JR

abual3bed1

Pep will know how to handle this much midfielder. He's mostly gonna sell every striker in the team and play Gotze for false 9.

Barca8

Sorry, but I find that so wrong. I watch the Eredivisie and PSV is my club domestically. Afellay never was a winger, but an attacking midfielder. The fact he played at Barcelona as a winger and at the Holland team was because the midfield was packed with quality. Sneijder, Van der Vaart, Xavi, Iniesta and so on.

Blind has had a breakthrough year, but he is not tall with his 180cm. 'Rocket of a left foot' is an exaggeration, and a big one too.

De Jong at Barcelona? Oh come on. He does not dominate at Ajax and in the Eredivisie. Of course you don't need 11 dominant players, but there is a reason he is still at Ajax; not good enough for TOP level. I think he would thrive best in a midtable PL team or subtop in the Bundesliga.

I am not a fan of Ajax but indeed the basics are the same throughout the club as with Barcelona, so that is a positive thing. But to try and get a couple of players from Ajax and believing they are quality for Barcelona, absolutely not. But we can always agree to disagree ;)

After Afellay left PSV he has only been used on the wing (Barcelona, Dutch NT, Schalke)... he is now a winger.
Your assessment of Siem is correct as I said (as of right now) he is too similar to Cesc in playing style and we don't need him.
I will have to agree to disagree about Daley Blind though. By tall I mean't Blind is taller than Alves, Montoya, Alba, Adriano, Mascherano lol He's had a great year and would be a low risk/cheap replacement for Abidal/Muniesa (defensive minded sub). A move to Barcelona would further his development and he would be a World Class LB.

edit: I also wanted to add that being "world class" is a pretty vague definition and get's tossed around a lot. For most it means a star player for Club & Country. There are others who consider it to be a player who has dominated at both (Ronaldo, Dinho, Maradona, Pele, Zidane) but by that definition even Messi wouldn't be World Class which we know is untrue. As an Oranje supporter I'm sure you know players like Heitinga, Nigel De Jong, Mathijsen, v.d.Wiel, Erik Peters, Afellay etc aren't anywhere near those levels. Barcelona & Ajax play with a specific philosophy and all we have to do is get players with the qualities which carry out that philosophy. Who's "World Class" or not will always be arguable.

Last edited:
Z

ZiZu

Does that mean news/opinions about anything non-Barca doesn't belong here? No. And this is under the other players thread. You're not doing proving anything trying to shun supporters of other clubs or reject outside transfer rumors.

I follow a shortcut to this site and just presumed it was a forum for Barca rumours ( understandably IMHO) .
If oer clubs are posting in here ( which doesn't happen on other Barca forums ) they should at least say something like " we ( Liverpool) are interested in signing so and so .

Home of Barca Fans