Transfers and Rumours - old thread

Zincubus

Banned
Just a pity Sanchez didn't arrive at Barca with this attitude , he's a shadow of the player we spent a small fortune on .

@barcastuff: Neymar: "I don't think I should change anything about my game, I have to keep my own personality." #fcblive

Zincubus

Banned
7-8M for first options?

I'm still not sure why we gave something like €20 million for Kerrison who I still haven't seen yet .... why keep loaning him out , why not either give him a chance in the squad or offload him and release whatever he's worth to the fund .

barca1899

Liverpool defender Daniel Agger (28) is Barcelona's first centre back option now. Talks with Liverpool to start, deal not expected soon [as]

Shegzy

Liverpool defender Daniel Agger (28) is Barcelona's first centre back option now. Talks with Liverpool to start, deal not expected soon [as]

liverpool will not sell agger,chelsea will ask for 40m+ for luiz. We should just sign two of vergini,nkoulou,papapoudolos,zouma.

ShandyFFM

Im we should go for a young boy whos quick and cheep and perhaps not so well known. And an old defender so that we have competition.

ceefoo

The guy who has YNWA tattooed on his hand?
I recall Fernando Torres having 'You'll Never Walk Alone', printed on the inside of his captains armband when he was at Atléti. Didn't stop him going to Liverpool's hated rivals, Chel$ki.

Zincubus

Banned

Why would we want an injury hit , injury prone defender ???

Also what do we know about Pjanic ??

BARCELONA are being linked with a move for Roma midfielder Miralem Pjanic after the player confirmed it would be hard to refuse an offer from the Spanish giants.

ZenI

Professor Balthazar
Why would we want an injury hit , injury prone defender ???

Also what do we know about Pjanic ??

BARCELONA are being linked with a move for Roma midfielder Miralem Pjanic after the player confirmed it would be hard to refuse an offer from the Spanish giants.

Don't know anything if there is any truth to the rumors, but I was always a fan of Pjanic - him, Modric, Ilkay are 3 CM's I think would work very well in Barca. Pjanic is very technical, great passing, strong, great shot and can play both a deeper role and also more attacking.

Jadentheman

Just a pity Sanchez didn't arrive at Barca with this attitude , he's a shadow of the player we spent a small fortune on .

@barcastuff: Neymar: "I don't think I should change anything about my game, I have to keep my own personality." #fcblive

Well duh. If he changes it then the point of buying him would have been moot point. Tats knows this. Messi knows this. I actually like this Barcelona+Brazil thing.

Sent from my Kindle Fire using Tapatalk 2

oz187

In 2007-2008 Barca finished 3rd in the league, at 17 points of Real Madrid and got humiliated at Bernabeu..at that time our team was poisoned and after we got rid of the source of poisoning(like RM did)

The source of the poisoning at Barca was a couple of the players and also a weakness of the manager. Iniesta and Xavi and even Eto'o were getting to their peak, Messi was developing every year, Dani Alves was the second best player in the league when he was bought. Even Henry needed a season to adjust to La Liga. And of course Pep is Pep and he bought with him a core understanding and development of a playing philosophy that had been chosen for almost two decades. Keita added necessary steel and Pique worked out well too. So a hell of a lot of things changed and went right for the club to turn around that deficit.

Look at Madrid, Ancellotti might not poison things like Mourinho, but he's less capable as a manager. The players they bought are youngsters that will struggle to make it into the first team let alone make a difference. They've sold their best and most consistent striker. They've offloaded two centrebacks(albeit backup ones). Their two most important players(Cristiano and Alonso) are aging. Where's the impact? Where's the improvement really going to come from?

ceefoo

Their two most important players(Cristiano and Alonso) are aging. Where's the impact? Where's the improvement really going to come from?
I don't mean to dig you out, but just because their best player - Ronaldo turns 29 next February, it doesn't mean that he is in decline, if that's what you're suggesting. This isn't FIFA where the players stats drop like a stone once they reach that age. A footballer is still in his prime up to around 33 years old. Would you suggest that Iniesta is not going to have the same impact because he is 29?

Glenn Hoddle reckons that most footballers don't even reach their peak, until their late twenties.

If you weren't suggesting that, then I apologize.

I liked the rest of your post though! :beer2:

Home of Barca Fans