Transfers and Rumours - old thread

Zincubus

Banned
I dunno if I'd label Coutinho as "super talent". For one, he has only 12 caps for junior NTs. But he is a good, promising player no doubt. What makes me most oppose the transfer of Coutinho is that I think he'd cost too much at this point. We need to bring a quality AM the next summer though, I think, as I expect Xavi decline faster than so far after the World Cup. Of course, Sergi Roberto could have a great season. For the record, while I wouldn't sign Coutinho, it's not like I don't see your point. Wouldn't be the worst decision to sign him, I guess, but what would he cost? 20-25M? Too much.

Oh, and Cesc is going nowhere obviously.

Incidentally , Coutinho was voted Man of Match again today and ran the show with some amazing touches and passes , he set up quite a few sitters which were spurned.

Going back to Agger , he had a sound game today , just the one massive howler after about 10 minutes where he tried to shepherd the ball out and lost his footing and fell over but he was OK after that with a couple of tackles and headers , gave the ball away a few times , though .
More worrying is the interview below given a few months ago after he'd had a fairly injury free season ( his first ) although he did miss the last part of the season through injury . Anyway in the interview he says that he's considered early retirement in the past and he will retire if he gets ONE more serious injury !!!

http://metro.co.uk/2013/05/09/danie...f-he-picks-up-another-serious-injury-3748020/

That doesn't sound like the type of guy we need for our defence tbh.

Update . He sustained what looks to be a bad knee injury in the last few minutes of today's game . He made a crazy last ditch block tackle , taking the other guy out but badly hurting his leg . He signalled a problem instantly. Looking at the way he couldn't even walk I can't see him making the start of the season tbh .

Indignado

what happen to afelley and cuenca?
i mean i know both are injured but what about any loan or they are staying?

No real news so far, Cuenca seems to prefer a loan but that got complicated with his injury. As for Afellay, I hope he gets sold, not Barça quality by any means

lovebarca

No real news so far, Cuenca seems to prefer a loan but that got complicated with his injury. As for Afellay, I hope he gets sold, not Barça quality by any means
both can be our backup wingers if by anytime we need it or rest our startes....
lower quality can be used in lower la liga teams.

Trickykid

I tried a week or so ago, but noone answered, so here goes again:

Quite a few of you guys seem to want this Mangala dude, and unlike you, I don't watch Porto on a regular basis. What kind of player is he?
Dealing with Porto would probably be a pain, and considering how desperate we must look now, they would bleed us dry. Would he really be worth it?

khaled_a_d

Quite a few of you guys seem to want this Mangala dude, and unlike you, I don't watch Porto on a regular basis. What kind of player is he?
Dealing with Porto would probably be a pain

Porto is a selling club and they understand that , they will sell but after making us overpay ,but at least we know that they are ready to sell
And right now all teams seems to be asking too much anyway

F

Flavia

Dealing with Porto would probably be a pain, and considering how desperate we must look now, they would bleed us dry. Would he really be worth it?

No. His price range is over 50m. He's good, but I guess he'd cost more than Neymar.

Hamzah

High Definition Member
We can bring his price down by getting our players to say he is "perfect for Barca" and get his agent to start pilling on the pressure. He can also throw some tantrums behind the scenes there.

I haven't seen much of him to know if he's good for us or not but there are tactics we can use so price isn't that much of a problem.

Home of Barca Fans