Transfers and Rumours - old thread

oz187

you are bias.illara is 23,isco is 21.you have forgotten neymar is also 21,so if isco can not make an impact because of age,neymar won't be able to make an impact because of age,need to adapt,need to learn language,never played in europe,too skinny so it is easier for isco to make an impact than neymar.

If Illara is 23, that's good in terms of him having more experience and being more consistant. But on the other hand, he's not been that prominent and has been nowhere near the senior Spain squad so how good is he really?

In terms of Neymar vs Isco, there's two points. First of all, impact is relative to the players you replace. Isco is great but to make an impact he'd have to play better than Ozil for a whole season. Ozil is established as one of the best attacking midfielders in the world both for Madrid and for Germany. For Neymar to make an impact he'd have to improve on the impotent performances of our wingers last season. So Neymar has a much easier task ahead of him.

Secondly, Isco is just another very good player. Neymar is special, in the same way Messi, Zidane, Rivaldo and Ronaldinho are special. He's likely going to contest the Balon D'or at some point in the future. You can see his performances with Brazil, you can see his performances at the Confederations in multiple games including the final how good he is.

Getting to 100 points last season and they beating us in elclassico means they are better than us but we were more consistent and talking about xabi and ronaldo declining,xavi and puyol are already some years ahead of both of them in declination and for xabi position they have illara and modric for cover while for xavi and iniesta it is only cesc. About ronaldo relying on physical strength and so declining early eto'o,drogba,giggs were still great at 30yrs.

You can't compare Xabi and Cristiano with Puyol and Xavi because of the positions they play in. Puyol is a CB and can compensate for less pace with more cautious positioning. Xavi as a CM just jogs around so again doesn't matter too much if he loses speed. Cristiano as a winger relies heavily on his speed and strength, so with age it's harder to do that and crucially it's harder to maintain that for a whole season. And Xabi, he has a lot of defensive duties, so again it's harder for him to rush around trying to cover and harder to maintain that effort for a whole season. Busi will have the same problem when he gets into his 30s.

jamjamjam

i'm gonna avoid all CB speculation for a couple of weeks and just trust that they're working behind the scenes to bring someone in. starting a season (again) with a defense this flimsy would be total incompetence

Zincubus

Banned
i'm gonna avoid all CB speculation for a couple of weeks and just trust that they're working behind the scenes to bring someone in. starting a season (again) with a defense this flimsy would be total incompetence

Just not Agger . Is there a more injury prone player in world football . My theory is he sends so much time injured he lends all his free time being tattooed !!

F

Flavia

Just not Agger . Is there a more injury prone player in world football . My theory is he sends so much time injured he lends all his free time being tattooed !!
Agger had a season free of injuries last season.

Zincubus

Banned
Looks like we may be getting some new players !

@barcastuff: Martino: "Sign another player if Cesc leaves? If it depends on me, he'll stay, and I believe he will, so I didn't yet think about that."

@barcastuff: Martino: "Bartra could leave if he asks to after signing new centre back? We'll see, but my idea is that all current players will stay."

impeh

Hi, its me..
Tottenham have agreed a deal to sell Clint Dempsey to MLS club Seattle Sounders.

Seattle's west-coast rivals LA Galaxy are understood to have expressed a late interest, but USA international Dempsey is expected to confirm his move 'home' within the next few days.

:cry:

Zincubus

Banned
http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/0/football/23559646

Still, I don't think he will pull a thiago.

I love Cesc , he's one of my fave ever players and don't want him to go anywhere but if United have offered him a starting role and aim to build their team around him plus DOUBLE his wages ..... I can see him going tbh .

Group hug?

Eh lets just move along. So Agger it is then? Not my first choice but better then nothing. Anything over 15m is too high for the Dane IMO

Here we go then :)

Agger is set to play for Liverpool in a short while .

Let's see how he does !!

Actually , any thoughts on Coutinho , guys ??

I'd love to have him up front alongside Messi and Neymar .

ceefoo

"You wonder what kind of impact and effect it has on the football world. It looks like it has made everybody worse than before."

Mr. Arsene Wenger about the FFP ( financial fair play )
That's funny, because he had a different opinion 10 years ago, when he was paying Sol Campbell 100k per week. :facepalm1:

Home of Barca Fans