Transfers and Rumours - old thread

Zincubus

Banned
Atletico are not really a rival and Atletico got nowhere near 50m for Falcao.

So , do you still stand by your comment about Atletico ???

You posted this months ago in reply to my suggestion that it was ridiculous of us to virtually give David Villa away to one of our main rivals .

Trickykid

So , do you still stand by your comment about Atletico ???

You posted this months ago in reply to my suggestion that it was ridiculous of us to virtually give David Villa away to one of our main rivals .

Why wouldn't he stand by it? The comment is still as valid as it was a month ago. Atletico also had a brilliant start to the season last year, and yet they were nowhere to be found when the title was to be decided. I'll wager we'll see the exact same scenario this season.
Sure, they look good for what they are, i.e. the best of the rest, but we won't see them challenging for the La Liga title anytime soon, unless they get outside help like PSG, Monaco, City, Chelsea and so on. They haven't got the financial backup nor the quality or depth in the squad that we and Los Merengues have.

Trickykid

So, Khalid Boulahrouz is being heavily linked with my local Danish team, Brøndby IF. I'm guessing he's a washed up has-been by now, considering he's been completely out of the limelight ever since leaving Chelsea, but man am I intrigued by the his name alone! If anything, he'd at least bring some much needed routine, decisiveness and steel to our hopeless defense.

desoe

So, Khalid Boulahrouz is being heavily linked with my local Danish team, Brøndby IF. I'm guessing he's a washed up has-been by now, considering he's been completely out of the limelight ever since leaving Chelsea, but man am I intrigued by the his name alone! If anything, he'd at least bring some much needed routine, decisiveness and steel to our hopeless defense.

Brondby fan, huh? Do you remember the game against Levski Sofia not too much ago :D

p.s. to stay ontopic: Dimitar Berbatov heavily linked to Trabzonspor in January. Sad story really, but I think he kinda retired mentally after leaving Man Utd.

Trickykid

Brondby fan, huh? Do you remember the game against Levski Sofia not too much ago :D

All too well, I'm afraid.
Brøndby has been absolutely attrocious for a long time, though. Ever since Laudrup left and the years where we lost players such as Agger, Elmander and Kahlenberg. Time's been rough.

Luckily things are improving now. The economy has been sorted, and we've brought in some quality players. I wouldn't be surprised to see us play in Europe again soon.

Boulahrouz has been an absolute beast btw. No way we'll get to keep him after this season, sadly.

desoe

Bulgarian clubs usually play successfully against the ones from Scandinavia, but on national level you're a nightmare for us (mostly Denmark and Sweden).

antonnn

Blue Blooded Aussie
I keep forgetting about this thread. Fredy Guarin's representatives are apparently in London to thrash out a deal to move to Chelsea, since I heard he said he prefers a move to us than United. Cop that Moyes! We're also looking at Kurt Zouma.

XaviMessiGirl

What is so special about Guarin?

He shoots to the moon more often than Ramos. Special.

I definitely wouldn't be opposed to Inter getting rid of him especially if an improvement can be brought in. Of all the players to sacrifice he'd be one of the first to go for me (with Pereira).

Chainsaw

Killahead
What is so special about Guarin?

Known as the "Moonchild" (the name his mother gave him), when he was a kid his mother promised him if he shoot at moon 69 times a year all his dreams will come true (that contains going to an EPL club).

So yeah, that's it.

Home of Barca Fans