Transfers and Rumours - old thread

B

beautifulgame

Would be a stupid decision. They've reportedly closed a deal for Angel Correa but he's only 19 so no reliability there yet. Others I've heard are Soldado, Torres, and Giroud.

For a team as high caliber as Atletico are right now there aren't many transfer rumors of who they are interested in (Mostly just about Costa to Chelsea and the bullshit names listed above to replace him). They're probably keeping their activity well concealed from the media, as I can't imagine that a team that are 1st in the league and the CL final with a high chance of winning both would be making such stupid transfer decisions and not going after more world class players.

!!!!
I was hoping a good home for my san lorenzo boy!

DA Correa is a playmaker, not a striker. He is best off the striker or behind them. But what a player. his finish could use a bit of composing at times but very good player.

and Damiao would be a good signing too. He needs a fresh setting and he has a lot to offer. I'd prefer him over those you mentioned. The obvious cherry on top is that these aforementioned two could be brought in for some 30 mil euro.

A good goalkeeper option would be martin silva for them and he would be cheap.
with those players and a couple more, they could be even stronger in depth next year.

Last edited:

DonAndres

Wild Man of Borneo
In last few days have seen them linked with - Reina, Malanga, Soldado, Negredo, Firmino, Giroud, Sosa permanent (trying to get him for free as contract could get cancelled in Ukraine), Navas.

Some more but would need to check but they are getting linked to a lot of players.

That's the point. Reina's wages are huge, Mangala is going to City probably, Soldado is iffy, Negredo is unlikely to leave, Giroud is poor, Sosa isn't special, and Navas won't leave.

Out of all of them, Firmino is the only one that I could consider to be shrewd, quality, and likely. There aren't that many rumors with good foundation for them and the players seem unreasonable. Maybe it's just me but I think that they have muted a lot of their activity to the media, the targets they've been linked with don't seem reasonable.

!!!!
I was hoping a good home for my san lorenzo boy!

DA Correa is a playmaker, not a striker. He is best off the striker or behind them. But what a player.

and Damiao would be a good signing too. He needs a fresh setting and he has a lot to offer. I'd prefer him over those you mentioned.

Correa isn't a striker but he is an attacker, which would make him ideal for one slot up top in Simeone's 4-4-2. Adrian isn't a striker either but he looks really well as an attacker partnered with a true 9 in Costa. A developed Correa has elite potential and would fill a role that Atletico need to be more deadly in attack (a mobile attacker gives them much more threat than simply a hard-running targetman like Costa).

Damiao isn't elite club material. Atleti are a team that will challenge for all 3 titles and they can't rely on someone like Damiao to take over if Costa leaves. They should be looking into goalscorers like Vela even if he's not a striker, because he's someone that would greatly improve their team. Firmino would be good, but he's the only one named and even then there are other clubs like Dortmund and Liverpool after him.

Last edited:
That's the point. Reina's wages are huge, Mangala is going to City probably, Soldado is iffy, Negredo is unlikely to leave, Giroud is poor, Sosa isn't special, and Navas won't leave.

Out of all of them, Firmino is the only one that I could consider to be shrewd, quality, and likely. There aren't that many rumors with good foundation for them and the players seem unreasonable. Maybe it's just me but I think that they have muted a lot of their activity to the media, the targets they've been linked with don't seem reasonable.

Seems Atletico are good at hiding their transfer activity from the media. Remember how Villa went to Atletico out of nowhere last year?

B

beautifulgame

Seems Atletico are good at hiding their transfer activity from the media. Remember how Villa went to Atletico out of nowhere last year?

well, they are more proactive about it and it seems their upstairs staff has an understanding with the coaching staff.

whereas here, they disregard what the ultimately wants. they work very much top down.

B

beautifulgame

Damiao is mediocre.

i like damiao. i think in a team like atleti he would be just fine. probably quite well, in fact.

with that said, there are many forwards from them to look at in europe and s. america.

veryfatchocobo

Of course they were, but please don't deny the importance of our offensive strenght under Rijkaard and Pep. If anything, our midfield has been the most important aspect of our recent succeses.
You have to understand though that our defense was worlds better under Pep and kinda bad under Rijkaard. That pressing game by Pep man.

ammarfcb

ze special one
You have to understand though that our defense was worlds better under Pep and kinda bad under Rijkaard. That pressing game by Pep man.

yh, some people fail to realize defending is more than just 4 cheetah charging chaps with long legs and love for getting all muddy.

our defensive issues lie mostly in our lack of midfield and fullback balance.

L

linetty

That'll be a hit for Atleti but they'll rise up again, I'm sure

Have a feeling Costa will be Torres 2.0 for Chelshite

Home of Barca Fans