Transfers and Rumours - old thread

zanela

If they really wanted to sell Bernat, they could 've atleast put him on the market, and got the best deal possible. I'm fuming how bayern is draining LL of its talents.

Egert

Estonian Culé
Found it from another forum.

Chelsea have agreed to loan out Romelu Lukaku to Atlético Madrid next season. [El Confidencial]

Alik

Valencia not budging from Mathieu's release clause, but selling one of their best youth talents to Bayern at a cut-price. What malarkey!

Off-topic: Is your use of the word "malarkey" at all related with Sheldon Cooper from The Big Bang Theory?

Bertus

As promised, I translated the complete chat held today by Arnaud Hermant from Le_Parisien since there are tons of infos on PSG mercato in it, but not only ;)

Happy reading!
3873155_arnaud-hermant_640x280.jpg

Q: Hello, where is PSG going with this mercato? Lots of names are heard (Di Maria, Griezman, yaya touté, sanchez...) and i feel the beginning of the season is blurred to us.

• A: Hello, it's true that there are a lot of rumors. But because of the FFP and DL's arrival, PSG can't buy whatever they want. As of today, PSG's priority is to recruit an RB among: Aurier, Abate, and Lichtsteiner.

Q: What do you think of Lucas situation since he didn't go to the WC.

• A: Hello, I think he suffered from it a lot. He went through a period of mourning, but now he's motivated for this new season. PSG's staff puts a lot of hope in him. Lucas believes in his lucky star.

3981435_sp3.jpg

Q: What's the most probable deal between Aurier and Abate?

• A: Hard to say, but the one that costs less should be the preferred choice (Abate). That said, Aurier is a Toulouse player and PSG has a good relationship with the TFC. Chantôme could also be part of the deal.

Q: So who will leave? Jallet, Lavezzi, Pastore?

• A: Jallet will because the club is not counting on him. The trend about Lavezzi and Pastore is that they will stay.

Q: Aside from Zlatan and Cavani, we miss a third player in attack. Do you think PSG will buy one?

• A: Hello, I think not. PSG has enough players for that position.

Q: How and when will we get back our players that participated to the WC? Does it mean a crappy start in the league since we will play without them?

• A: Hello, maybe not crappy, but without them it sure will be more difficult. The three brazilians and Lavezzi will get at least three weeks of holidays after the WC so we can imagine they won't participate in the asian tourney. They won't participate to the beginning of the season.

Q: Hello, will Cavani leave this summer?

• A: Hello, no he won't.

Q: Hello, will the board replace Makelele? Will they recruit a Team Manager?

• A: Hello, no he won't be replaced. About getting a Team Manager, the board thought about it and that idea was dropped for now.

Q: TS showed some emotional limits. What do you think about it?

• A: Hello. I talked about it with ex brazilian PSG players, and in the past they told me that he is susceptible to pressure. But i think he got back on tracks against Columbia compared to his behaviors during the previous match against Chile.

Q: Where are we going about Marquinhos?

• A: It's going nowhere. he will not leave. The club is counting on him a lot.

marquinhos.png

Q: Hello Arnaud, what are the players PSG is scouting during this mercato?

• A: Hello. After having thought a lot about recruiting a LW, PSG will have to do with only a CB (Luiz) and they are working on recruiting a RB (Lichtsteiner, Abate, Aurier).

Q: Hello, there's lots of rumors about Di Maria. Is it real or not?

• A: PSG does like the player and scout him for now a few seasons, but as of today PSG won't recruit a LW because of the FFP.

Q: Do you think DL might play in midfield in CL this season?

• A: No. He's coming to PSG to play with TS in defense. Now of course he can occasionally play in midfield if needed.

Q: After a lots of doubts and critics about DL's fee, do you think it was a great idea to buy him before the WC?

• A: Hello, that's what PSG thinks. But really let's be realistic, 50M+ euros is too much.

Q: Hello, you're saying Marquinhos will not leave but you said the opposite last week in an article...

• A: I think you missread me. I wrote that the player would want to leave but that PSG will put an end to it. A player can think about leaving but not win his case. It's what happened and so i'll say it again, Marquinhos will be parisian next season.

Q: Laurent Blanc announced that there will be 2 or 3 arrivals beside DL...

• A: It's what could happen in an ideal world, but in reality it might be different. To buy, now PSG needs to sell. How could PSG get money to recruit?

Q: 50M is too much? Give me a CB among the the Top 10 that is international, on the transfer list, and that has a price inferior to 50M please...

• A: You need to put things in perspective. He was bought for less than 30M euros by Chelsea. Even if Luiz is a great CB, his value is not 50M euros. As a proof you can see that Chelsea didn't count on him anymore and that no other club offered 50M euros.

Q: Is it possible for PSG to recruit Griezmann?

• A: No, i don't think so. Griezmann was offered this winter to PSG board who didn't reply positively. Since then, nothing new that i know of.

Q: What about the long distance FK? Ibra or Luiz?

• A: Good question. I think it will be Ibra even if Luiz can do it. Alex was also good at it and the sol times he could do it was when Ibra was not on the field.

Q: Do you know if Laurent Blanc wants to swap tactics and will play with two CF like what he tried to do at the end of last season after we won the league title?

• A: He's thinking about it and would want to do it. But if it doesn't work out, he will be back on 4-3-3.

Q: Barcelona wanted to buy DL and now has difficulties to recruit a world class CB because they are all pricey.

• A: Maybe, but Barcelona never ever offered 50M euros for DL.

Q: Can Chantôme replace Rabiot in the midfield rotation?

• A: PSG is not counting on Chantôme. He has a ticket to leave since his contract ends next year.

Q: Are we sure that because of the FFP and because we bought DL we can't buy without selling first? Thanks in advance.

• A: Hello. Yes, it's a sure thing. PSG can't.

Q: Is there other renovation works in Ooredoo training center beside the training fields? Can you also give informations about the renovation works in the Parc des Princes?

• A: Hello, the two training fields are now completely new but there are also some other renovation works in the way in the center. About the Parc des Princes, there are big renovations in the work and a good part of the stadium will be renovated for the first match of the french league. The new VIP places will be almost all ready.

camp-620x330.png

Q: Hello Arnaud, can you share which positions are a priority this mercato? Which players are on the short list?

• A: Hello. An RB. Other than that, PSG can't do much since they are not selling players.

Q: Where are we going with the new Training Center?

• A: The new training center should be build in St German-en-Laye since Paris has the edge compared to other offers. Now each parties are talking about the cost and how to depopulate the field that is needed for it.

Q: If we get a new sponsor soon, we could buy without selling?

• A: It's true that the club is signing new sponsors but that has nothing to do with it. Because of the FFP rules, PSG has to sell before buying. It has to be balanced between departures and arrivals. DL is not accounted in this, since PSG had the right to buy one more player without selling.

Q: Hello. What's the point in raising youths if we can't keep them? (Coman, Rabiot, Ongenda, Aréola)

• A: Hello, I understand how you feel but think about it. About Coman, PSG wanted to keep him but he refused to sign a contract with PSG. Rabiot thinks he will not get enough playtime. I think he's wrong because last season he played 32 matches among all competitions. As for Aréola, he signed a new contract withe club and got loaned for one or two years before reuniting with PSG. About Ongenda, he doens't act like a professional, so...

Q: Will Manchester make an offer for Cavani?

• A: MU can do it, but PSG's president was perfectly clear about it. He will not sell cavani.

Q: Will we get our new RB this week?

• A: I don't think so.

Q: What about our attack? Cavani will play CF or LW?

• A: Hello. The goal is to please Cavani if he wants to play CF alongside Ibra, but if it doesn't work out, he will be back as LW, same as where he played during the WC.

Q: You're saying Aréola should be promoted first Goalkeeper in one or two years. But does PSG really want to part with Sirigu?

• A: well, Sirigu is very good as you said but if Aréola that just signed a new contract never gets the chance to be first goalkeeper at PSG, he will want to leave.

Q: Can we sell that crappy Cavani and get Di Maria instead?

• A: You're really not nice towards Cavani. PSG with Cavani and Ibra has two world class strikers and Cavani is the one that is planned to replace Ibra when Ibra retires. Di Maria is a superb player, but as of today, because of the FFP rules, PSG will never take the risk to sell a world class striker like Cavani.

Q: Any news about a new Team Manager?

• A: Hello. It's on stand by at the moment.

Q: How much will we get by selling Jallet, Rabiot and Pastore?

• A: If PSG can get 25 or 30M euros from them it will already be a miracle but not enough to buy a world class LW.

Q: I don't understand Rabiot's agent (his mom) . She insists that Rabiot will not get enough playtime but with 5 players for 3 midfield slots he will inevitably get plenty of playtime. Way more than in Juventus where he's rumored to go.

• A: I agree with you. I am not sure that Rabiot and Coman realize that it will be hard for them to get lots of playtime at Juventus.

Q: The France team got a new popularity during this WC. Can we expect PSG to recruit frencb players because of it?

• A: Hello. No. Maybe PSG will get Aurier but he's not even french.

Q: Is it the year of Pastore?

• A: Let's wish for it. The player wants to stay at PSG, and President Al-Khelaïfi is a fan of him.

Q: Manchester City mercato should resemble PSG's, but in UK no one talks about that 60M euros limit. Why?

• A: Both clubs share the same sanctions from the FFP. 1 transfer around 50-60M euos without selling first.

Q: Will DL be our sol recruit this summer?

• A: PSG will get an RB.

Q: Will the ULTRAS be back in the stadium?

• A: No they won't. They are still forbidden to enter the stadium.

Q: Is it true that PSG board is planning to free the ULTRAS from their ban?

• A: I don't think so and never heard anything about lifting the ban. That said, if it ever happens, it will be with rules enforced by the club. ULTRAS will not abide by those rules.

Q: Monaco will be a serious challenger for the title? Or just a club that will cause minor problems to PSG?

• A: Monaco will be a challenger. We don't know what Jardim wants. Will Falcao and james even be part of the team after this mercato?

Q: Compare those transfers: Shaw 40M, Cuardado rumored to be 50M. DL transfer doesn't seem that high compared to the current inflated market and you forgot DL was on bayern shortlist.

• A: Maybe. Anyways, beside the talk about DL's fee, he's a good recruit.

Q: Do you think PSG will sell Verratti to RM so that they can buy Pogba?

• A: No. PSG dropped to recruit Pogba.

Q: How do you see the next season? Which club will be PSG challengers?

• A: I see PSG being champion again with a big gap with Monaco. Then I see St Etienne, Marseille Lille and maybe a surprising club to battle for the third place on the podium.

Q: Hello, despite the FFP, Lavezzi is not delivering as LW. Chelsea is rumored to have offered 24M and Paris is rumored to have offered 21M for Gruezmann. Is it true?

• A: If PSG sells Lavezzi then why not, but from the informations i got, PSG didnt send any offer for Griezmann.

Q: Do you think the french league will be like that for quite some time: PSG and Monaco battling for the title and other clubs trying to get on the podium?

• A: Yeah as i said below: PSG first, Monaco second and St-Etienne, Marseille, Lille and another club as a surprise battling for the podium. I don't see Lyon going anywhere this season.

That chat is coming to an end. Thanks a lot for all the questions. See you soon!

Last edited:

KingMessi

SiempreBlaugrana
Free Benzema? Why?

Dw_what.gif

In all seriousness, Arsenal should try their luck with getting Benzema.

Last edited:

Bertus

'Di Marzio' says PSG is preparing a €60m bid for Di Maria.

Yup, here are the news:

• - Di Marzio says PSG is preparing a 60M euros bid for Di Maria (what Di Marzio seems to ignore is that PSG doesn't have that money and because of the FFP they have to do balanced transfers between departures then arrivals. Le_Parisien pointed that such announcement doesn't make sense at the moment. Which is logical)
  • - According to AS, PSG wants to sign Di Maria for a fee above 50M euros.
  • - Carlo Laudisa from the Gazzetta announced that PSG wants to buy Pogba for 75M euros, and will sell Verratti 40M euros to RM to pay for it (Doesn't make sense at all, for the same reason as above. PSG can't spend 75M if they have only 40M at hands. Those rumors are from people who didn't understand anything about the FFP)
  • - Carlo Laudisa at it again sayind PSG needs to sell Verratti because the FFP to lower its wage mass. (Verratti has one of the lowest salary at PSG. So far our wage balance is not negative and the excuse that we have to sell verratti to recruit pogba which will ask for double of verratti's salary doesn't make sense at all. :rofl1: )
  • - According to Le_Parisien, Yaya Touré wants to join PSG. They note that it's a dream tho, since the french club can't pay his fee.

Home of Barca Fans