Trincão

JamDav1982

If Dest can develop into a RB/RW as Alba is on other side that takes up the width and Trincao can focus more getting into box that seems will be where get the best out of him.

Dembele better when have right back that cant do that and he has to take the width.

FCBarca

Mike the Knife
Great example of stats telling you little on the performance. A brace from goals gifted from brilliance of others. He was playing on the right wing but most of his heat map is in the center of the pitch, not sure he attempted to beat his marker wide even once on the night

Very good dribbler but terrible in providing width thus far which is the principal role of a winger

te amo barca

Blaugrana al vent
Great example of stats telling you little on the performance. A brace from goals gifted from brilliance of others. He was playing on the right wing but most of his heat map is in the center of the pitch, not sure he attempted to beat his marker wide even once on the night

Very good dribbler but terrible in providing width thus far which is the principal role of a winger

Nah he had a great game and played with purpose. He did provide width and mostly cut inside only after he received the ball. He would work really well with an overlapping RB like Dest.

Bobo32

Agree completely, although I think he cut inside by instruction. I'd rather have him bring the width and Mingueza as a circulating option, leaving some more space in the middle, but yeah I don't think Koeman wanted that.
He looked pretty good on the left wing the other week, would like to see him there instead of Griezmann.

FCBarca

Mike the Knife
Agree completely, although I think he cut inside by instruction. I'd rather have him bring the width and Mingueza as a circulating option, leaving some more space in the middle, but yeah I don't think Koeman wanted that.
He looked pretty good on the left wing the other week, would like to see him there instead of Griezmann.

I just think you have to give your team width as a winger first & foremost, cutting inside as an inverted winger is the bonus but shouldn't be your main approach - unless you are Messi

He cuts inside far too much, felt like he was in the center of the pitch the majority of the time in that final third - you have to stretch a defense not clog the middle

Even his 1-2 wall passes were not coming off either which is frustrating. He's young so room to improve/grow but this team needs a winger that gives width and keeps a defense focused on not giving up that area of the pitch, opening up the center

JamDav1982

Usual shite trying to arrogantly claim can see the truth others cant.

Two decent finishes. The first one very good and folk are not making out he was dribbling out wide all game either. He is praised for the x2 goals and providing a danger in and around the areas

Trying to tell Trincao and Koeman how a player that scored twice and had more chances on top of it should play.

Last edited:

Horatio

You're welcome
If Dest can develop into a RB/RW as Alba is on other side that takes up the width and Trincao can focus more getting into box that seems will be where get the best out of him.

Dembele better when have right back that cant do that and he has to take the width.

Nasty stuff from you.

Bobo32

I just think you have to give your team width as a winger first & foremost, cutting inside as an inverted winger is the bonus but shouldn't be your main approach - unless you are Messi

He cuts inside far too much, felt like he was in the center of the pitch the majority of the time in that final third - you have to stretch a defense not clog the middle

Even his 1-2 wall passes were not coming off either which is frustrating. He's young so room to improve/grow but this team needs a winger that gives width and keeps a defense focused on not giving up that area of the pitch, opening up the center

Yeah I agree, but Koeman doesn't. He wants many players combining on each others toes in the #10 space always, it seems.

As I wrote in the match thread before the game, I'd given him and Firpo instructions to HUG the line, and just cross, making the central space as large as possible at all times.
I feel with Trincao, he should play very simple football, focus on doing well defensively, and then his quite good technique and decent vision can shine through sometimes. I think he is a player that needs to be contained, when he is free he tries too much and looks sloppy, slow, and ill-timed. But last week has been an improvement.

FCBarca

Mike the Knife
More bullshittery from FCBarca as evident.

Ignorance is bliss?

Screenshot-2021-02-14-at-17-52-06.png

All that heat of him on the right is mostly receiving the ball but never running or making a movement forward, it was always backwards or moving centrally.

In that final third, he's never on the right - always drifting into center. I do not recall even once that he took his man on from the right flank, he always came inside

JamDav1982

FCBarca not understanding why Trincao would come central when scored twice and could have been involvd in a few more.

Better ring up Koeman and tell him to stick to his right fit and dribble oot wide.

vuji_31

I am still not impressed with this guy.
He scored 2 goals which is nice.

But he will never be the player that can create something from nothing.

He is same like Grizzy. Scored few gosls but if he didn't get lucky nobody would no they were evrn playing.

te amo barca

Blaugrana al vent
Ignorance is bliss?

Screenshot-2021-02-14-at-17-52-06.png

All that heat of him on the right is mostly receiving the ball but never running or making a movement forward, it was always backwards or moving centrally.

In that final third, he's never on the right - always drifting into center. I do not recall even once that he took his man on from the right flank, he always came inside

You're literally showing me a heatmap that is at its reddest on the right wing, not even in the half-space. You need glasses or something mate? Show me a heatmap of a successful winger with his dominant foot opposite to his wing (right-footed LWs or left-footed RWs) who spends his time on the pitch hugging the line. It's not the 2000s anymore.

Home of Barca Fans