Trincão

serghei

The option to extend should he two way. If Trincao has a great year at Sporting then Barca could look to bring him back.

Anyways, he has started pre-season with Barca along with Collado.

Xavi has first hand looks at both now. Similar profiles, similar ages but wages in different stratosphere's. Let's see what the assessment is.

I'd keep him and loan him somewhere else. I am not giving up totally on him just yet.

Porque

I'd keep him and loan him somewhere else. I am not giving up totally on him just yet.

I've given up on him at the top 2 tiers to be honest. He showed good signals when he was playing on inhibitions towards the beginning of his time here but then found his level.

A winger who doesn't score, doesn't assist and doesn't have pace is a bad recipe. I don't see how you get over that when if you think about moving him centrally there are players younger than him in midfield who think and move quicker. Same story with Collado.

serghei

I've given up on him at the top 2 tiers to be honest. He showed good signals when he was playing on inhibitions towards the beginning of his time here but then found his level.

A winger who doesn't score, doesn't assist and doesn't have pace is a bad recipe. I don't see how you get over that when if you think about moving him centrally there are players younger than him in midfield who think and move quicker. Same story with Collado.

He was getting something going at Barca scoring-wise at some point.

TheStig

Just wait with the decision about him untill we know what will happen with Raphinha and Dembele, maybe we will need him in the end. No loans with small buy options, just loan him if no one is offering any real money. He could become more valueable

Messi983

Ideally, we sign Raphinha, renew Dembele for 2 years and send Trincao on loan to Sporting with no buy option. Then sell Dembouz next year (I think the best way to keep him motivated and fit is with shorter term contracts but negotiating with Sissoko every year or two is an impossible task so let another team give him a 5-year contract next year if they want) and bring Trincao back after he improves under Amorim. People complain he's too slow but he can still get past defenders which is really all that matters imo. He's quite creative and can also score, just needs to build up his confidence again. I'm sure a season on loan under a coach who knows how to use him would do wonders for him. Longterm I'd also prefer to have two different profiles of wingers.

JamDav1982

Off to Sporting for 10m and 50% of any future sale.

That Wolves 6m not as decent as first seemed as they get 20% of any Trincao fee apparently.

Slevinn

10 seems a bit low since there are ways to get out of that 50% (sell 2 players to a club for example).
Will never forget his goal at Betis so thanks for that and good luck with your new team, Trincao!

Messi983

That Wolves 6m not as decent as first seemed as they get 20% of any Trincao fee apparently.

Don't know how/why Wolves deserve to get those 20%.

Anyway, I've just read that we could have a buy back option as well. Then 10m + 50% of future sale wouldn't be that bad.

We'd still take a loss with him on the books in that case though. His unamortized value is around 18m and if we include 6m we got from Wolves then we'd have to sell him for around 12m to not have a loss.

But there is still another option rumoured - a loan with a 20m buy option that becomes obligatory if he plays certain number of games (I've read 15 games) so this would be as good as a done deal as long as he stays fit I'm sure he'll be a starter for Sporting.

Would prefer the first option though as long as we really also get a buy-back in the range of 20-30m.

Could be something similar to the Pedro Porro deal. City sold him for 8m and they have a 20m buy back while his clause for other clubs is 45m.

Zidane82

Rumours that we are putting Trincao up for sale at just 10 million !

I was hoping he?d be part of the squad :(

####

On 31 January 2020, Barcelona announced the transfer of Trinc?o, initially effective on 1 July. He signed a five-year contract for a ?31 million fee, with a buyout clause of ?500 million

ajnotkeith

How strange. Its meant to be a penalty for them not activating his buy clause.

But instead we sold 20% of his future fee to them (wtf????) for 6m... Which may get them near as much the penalty fee or potentially more. That isn't a penalty, its literally a gift for them taking him on loan.

Who made this deal? Was it Alemany? In the middle of all the circlejerk around him and his amazing business it does seem he has made quite a few more questionable deals than is said.

Last edited:

vuji_31

He is shit player.

We paid him 29mil, but braga paid us 8-9mil for our youngster forgot how it is called.
So it is 20mil.

He failed at Barca, failed at Wolwerhampton, 10mil and 50% of future sale is more then enough.

If you belive he will be good player, then he will be sold for 30-40mil, and there is 15-20mil for us.

Great transfer. I like the logic of Alemany.

Also this guy has massive wages.

Last edited:

MTL_Barca

If he turns out good for them an gets us an extra 10-15 mil it's not bad. And if he fails again then we would've never gotten more than 10M for him.

Happy with any permanent deals at this point, tired of all these loanes

Home of Barca Fans