Trincão

xXKonan

You have to wait and see on Trincao.

A lot of people say he's one of the best young talents in Portugal and has the talent, skillset, and mentality to possibly make it. But again got to be cautious and see how it unfolds.

LABarcaFan

Technically, he is above the mid level wingers. His speed is decent, same as his passing. But the guy invades from the right to the middle of the pitch and even to the left flank very often. And I don't know if that will be OK with our coaches. We already have two attacking players (Messi and Griezmann) who plays out of position. Adding another one may create a havoc.

LABarcaFan

31mil for a 20 year old who has 2 goals in 10 games in his professional career for Braga?

Okay.

Actually, 2 goals in 11 games and just 2 assists. Usually, a winger who is not a scorer, makes a lots of assists, but this guy luck both - goals and assists.

Messi983

stunning

[tw]631196625894043648[/tw]

More important question is did he ever praised CR too on twitter? :messi:

Actually, 2 goals in 11 games and just 2 assists. Usually, a winger who is not a scorer, makes a lots of assists, but this guy luck both - goals and assists.

I prefer to use G+A/minutes played over G+A/games played. 11 games don't tell much because a player could have played somewhere in between 10 minutes or 990 minutes.

He has 2 goals and 2 assists in 421 minues in the league, so he has directly participated in a goal every 105 minutes which is not bad. But we should look even deeper. He was sparely used by a former coach Ricardo Sa Pinto (7 appearances coming off the bench but just 134 total minutes) but he has become a starter since Ruben Amorim took over (4 games, 287 minutes, 2 goals, 1 assist).

Something similar happened to Joao Felix last year after a coaching change. He had 7 appeareances, 162 total minutes, 2 goals and 1 assist under Rui Vitoria but then exploded under Bruno Lage (13 goals+8 assists in 1.573 minutes).

Trincao is more a winger than a striker and he's also playing in a worse team so his total stats probably won't be as good as Felix's at the end of the season but they should still look much better than they do now playing regularly under a coach who fully trusts him.

Porque

After watching his clips he reminds me Samu Castillejo in his Malaga/early Villarreal days. Braga play Sporting Lisbon at home tomorrow so a good chance for himself to showcase himself- if he plays.

Riordon

I have a good feeling about this. Portuguese tend to have elite mentality, very hardworking and winner mentality. Quite impressive that a nation of just 10m can produce to many great players.

wisconsincule

Remember that we sold them Abel Ruiz too...

No one was even rumored to buy Ruiz who has been sub par.

I’m looking at Ruiz as part of this deal. So in reality he “cost” ~20million.

CanadianCanadian

I have a good feeling about this. Portuguese tend to have elite mentality, very hardworking and winner mentality. Quite impressive that a nation of just 10m can produce to many great players.

Very true. A lot of Pork Chops I know are hard working and mentally resolute people. Also, love to pray and pray.

LeeRomeno

Like Quaresma and ballon dor Andre

FC433

Something to note:

He started in only 4 games this season and that because the previous manager did not believe in him. Trincao started getting his chances after the appointment of Rúben Amorim on Dec 23, 2019. Similar to Joao Felix's situation last season.

Home of Barca Fans