Trincão

serghei

I don't know what's up with him, but he like went for broke almost every time he touched the ball...

So far, not impressed, but it's early.

khaled_a_d

He energized the right side when he entered, his dribbling was off but we were more dangerous from there.
For 3rd match, as substitute nevertheless, that isn't a bad performance against a very solid team.

GabKoost

They're shit.Even if you have a bad game as young player,you can see the quality,for example Fati today.But these two are shit,especially Trincao.He looks like Dembele,but without the speed.

This sort of attitude is the reason why some young players should avoid signing with clubs like Barcelona so early in their careers.

Trincao at age 19 was probably the 3d best player in Portuguese league and just had his real 1st season among senior competition.

This being said, people now expect him to get to Barcelona and immediately make a difference and execute like a Veteran player or someone who has been living in the club since a kid and coming trough the ranks.

Sorry to tell you but there are no Ronaldo Naz?rios in modern day football. You rarely buy a kid and see him rip an new Ahole in every defense just because.

Guys like Trincao and Dembele have noticeable talent. No one can deny it. This being said, most players have to be properly groomed in order to flourish. As a club, where does Barcelona stand?

Is this a club betting on youth for the future and, as such, calling kids shit is complete stupidity, or are we actually expect to have superstar talent from the bench as of today and in this case buying this sort of players is nothing but a waste of money and a danger to those players developments?

This question is valid for every young player in the team either coming from La Masia or other clubs.

Andresito

Staff member
Dribbling is his specialty which is also why he got to play. Didn't work out yesterday and it'll take time until he becomes an effective player. But it's part of the development.

Gnidrologist

www.overreaction.com
He was okay, actually made that 1v1 run mostly on his own, by intelligently gliding past defender. Something neither of our other players could do today. The whole team chemistry and energy were so off that it was hard for any sub to influence that.

Riordon

Wrong transfers. I said it also before he came here, cant see him making it as a winger but maybe as a interior which is unlikely.

This type of winger rarely makes it these days. Now you need goalscoring, fast wingers who are creative with the ball and can exploit space like Mane, Saleh, Gnabry, Son, Sterling, Mbappe, Werner.

All of the top wingers have the same profile and its not the one of Trincao.

Waste of money.

FinBarcelonafan

Wrong transfers. I said it also before he came here, cant see him making it as a winger but maybe as a interior which is unlikely.

This type of winger rarely makes it these days. Now you need goalscoring, fast wingers who are creative with the ball and can exploit space like Mane, Saleh, Gnabry, Son, Sterling, Mbappe, Werner.

All of the top wingers have the same profile and its not the one of Trincao.

Waste of money.

Sterling is a speed merchant. Typical British player. I don't see any reason why he couldn't reach Sterling's level of football, he just has to use his brain more and he should be golden. Not everyone needs elite speed/quickness to be a great footballer.

I think the best example is Dennis Bergkamp. It's pretty insane what you can do if you think on a high level instead of just relying on your physical skills.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Bty7iDkNyxs&ab_channel=ASComps-MatchCompilations

Riordon

Sterling is a speed merchant. Typical British player. I don't see any reason why he couldn't reach Sterling's level of football, he just has to use his brain more and he should be golden. Not everyone needs elite speed/quickness to be a great footballer.

I think the best example is Dennis Bergkamp. It's pretty insane what you can do if you think on a high level instead of just relying on your physical skills.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Bty7iDkNyxs&ab_channel=ASComps-MatchCompilations

Why are you talking about having lots of pace as something negative? I would love to have someone with lots of speed and good end product in our frontline. The game yesterday would have looked different.

There is no way Trincao will reach Sterling level. Not possible

FinBarcelonafan

Why are you talking about having lots of pace as something negative? I would love to have someone with lots of speed and good end product in our frontline. The game yesterday would have looked different

I didn't say speed is negative, my point was not everyone needs insane speed to be useful.

Sadly those guys with insane speed and smarts are not easy to find. They would be on the Maradona/Ronaldo 9 level. You can find Dembeles sure, but they lack either smarts/defending etc. Something.

It's not likely Trincao reaches the Sterling level, because almost none of the players do. It's possible though, BUT not in a way Sterling is "elite player", but in Trincao's way of being elite player.

Last edited:

Riordon

I didn't say speed is negative, my point was not everyone needs insane speed to be useful.

Sadly those guys with insane speed and smarts are not easy to find. They would be on the Maradona/Ronaldo 9 level.

You mentioned Bergkamp. But that was many years ago. Look at all the top wingers I listed. They all have some things in common: endproduct, pace and knows how to exploit space both with short runs but also over longer distances. This is the type of winger we lack and should have gone for but chose Trincao who only adds to our issues. Horrible squad planning.

FinBarcelonafan

You mentioned Bergkamp. But that was many years ago. Look at all the top wingers I listed. They all have some things in common: endproduct, pace and knows how to exploit space both with short runs but also over longer distances. This is the type of winger we lack and should have gone for but chose Trincao who only adds to our issues. Horrible squad planning.

Trincao is an amazing signing, bust or not because we bought him for 30 million and PL teams were licking their lips to buy him for 50 million €+. Either way a great buy.

Porque

I think Son is Trincao kind of profile also. If you put Trincao on the wing on the side he cuts in better then you have a Son style player in development.

Son 9 years ago was what? Just establishing himself in the Hamburg first team with the fraction of the output.

Had Trincao slotted the winner, most of the forum would be saying how clutch he is and a cool finisher from the right.

Riordon

Trincao is an amazing signing, bust or not because we bought him for 30 million and PL teams were licking their lips to buy him for 50 million ?+. Either way a great buy.

If a player cant contribute and we are only looking to sell him for profit then thats a shit transfer for me. We are not Lyon nor Ajax and we just got humiliated 8-2 against Bayern. This mentality will not bring us back to the top again.

Rory

The whole team was poor yesterday. In the limited minutes he got he pretty much created a decent goalscoring chance for himself out of his own dribbling ability, can hardly say he played badly.

vegitot

Actually when Trincao comes, our right flank become more dangerous. He knows how to run, how to create though he loses most of his duels against opponent but Sevilla is a quality side.

Home of Barca Fans