UEFA Champions League 2014-15

GoGGi

Evra "I lost finals against Barca where the team was the star. It wasn't just about a single player, even if there was Messi"

Evra "Now, today, they're a great team, but it's about three individuals up front: Neymar, Messi and Suarez."

Evra "They can make the difference at any time but, as a team, they're not as strong as the one I faced with Manchester United" [RMC]

ceefoo

What an awful match from Pirlo, He did actually nothing good, I hope he retires asap
+1
He was truly terrible at the Bernabeu. If that is how he is going to perform for the rest of the season, I hope he starts the UCL Final.

Chainsaw

Killahead
Pirlo is one of those players who if play bad it's REALLY bad. I remember he had similar games even when he was younger. Now with age the numbers of such performances have definitely increased. I remember Veron was the same as well.

sundar

Pirlo is going to be the best player for barcelona, even some of their fans praying for pirlo to get injured. He is absolute liability. Vidal and Marchisio r doing double work in offence and defence. His only advantage is taking free kicks

Marchisio8

Banned
Let's hope Pirlo don't play like shit again.

Pirlo is dragging the team, he shouldn't start this match.

Yeah, Pirlo was absolutely dreadful in that first leg.

He has been bad for quite some time, Like I said in this thread countless times before the match, playing with Pirlo was like playing with 10 men.

I cannot believe Juve doesn't have anyone better than Evra.

Evra almost gave me a heart attack , what a pathetic piece of shite performance that was.

Wat? except a shaky start for Juventus, he has been great this season for Juve and was even MoTM with Vidal this match.

Who thought that Chiellini wouldn't fuck up at least once? :lol:

I didn't.

Unfortunatly, he often does.

I already said during the last game Juventus defense is no good, these guys just can't keep up on that level

Best defence in the world. How exactly can they not keep up on this level?

Some of you folks are seriously underestimating Juve

I think its a 50/50 game, Juve deserves this much credit. Its just I really prefer them over Real due to the potential heart attack when we lose it against them compared to Juve.

If it was a two leg, then I would say 65-35 for you guys. But everything can happen on a one leg match. However I would still say you are big favourites. Even in this one leg.

If they play pirlo then they will definitely concede a goal, that guy is terrible in defending. It almost looks like playing with 10 men. Hope they play pirlo

Exactly.

Eh... Just last round Juventus advanced beating Monaco 1-0 via a controversial penalty. There didn't appear to be much difference between the two sides.

The only thing controversial was that Carvalho didn't receive a red card for being last man.

StarLord

Pirlo is one of those players who if play bad it's REALLY bad. I remember he had similar games even when he was younger. Now with age the numbers of such performances have definitely increased. I remember Veron was the same as well.

Pirlo is old and washed out. That's it. No way he is starting the final. And even if he does, it will be for 45 minutes max.

It was controversial [MENTION=19661]Juvens[/MENTION] . If the last defender commits a foul in the box, it's penalty + red card. Rules of the game.

This rule is controversial in itself, but that is not the point.

Last edited:

Vlom

Previously known as Mehssi
It was controversial [MENTION=19661]Juvens[/MENTION] . If the last defender commits a foul in the box, it's penalty + red card. Rules of the game.

This rule is controversial in itself, but that is not the point.

The foul was outside the penalty area to begin with, so at best it was a fk.
And then what to say about chellini's hand ball in the 2leg??

Clearly, juventus scraped by to pass monaco, they had much more merit in their games against RM.

I'm just clarifying the rule here: if the ref calls a penalty on the last defender, he is supposed to send him off too. Hence a legit "controversy".
Regarding the Carvalho example: if that was in the box + last defender = red + penalty. Outside (+ last defender)= red card.

Anyway that's how it's supposed to be, until there is an official change

Jair Ventura

I'm just clarifying the rule here: if the ref calls a penalty on the last defender, he is supposed to send him off too. Hence a legit "controversy".
Regarding the Carvalho example: if that was in the box + last defender = red + penalty. Outside (+ last defender)= red card.

Anyway that's how it's supposed to be, until there is an official change

What we're saying is that it shouldn't have been called a penalty because the foul happened outside of the box. I say that to point out the flaw in automatically coining Juve one of the two best clubs in Europe because they made it to the final. It's well deserved to be sure, but they also needed a bit of luck to get here.

shouldn't have been a penalty but should've been a red card.
Either way, Juve sucked hard against Monaco, then played much better in the semis. Barca will obviously be a strong favorite.

barcafan161

Pirlo is going to be the best player for barcelona, even some of their fans praying for pirlo to get injured. He is absolute liability. Vidal and Marchisio r doing double work in offence and defence. His only advantage is taking free kicks

Lovely fans

serghei

Evra "I lost finals against Barca where the team was the star. It wasn't just about a single player, even if there was Messi"

Evra "Now, today, they're a great team, but it's about three individuals up front: Neymar, Messi and Suarez."

Evra "They can make the difference at any time but, as a team, they're not as strong as the one I faced with Manchester United" [RMC]

I don't know about that. Busi, Iniesta, Pique, Alves, Alba, these guys tend to show up very well in finals. The key of the game will be to not concede from a team that will probably defend 80% of the time. If Juve attacks us, we should be scoring more than 1 goal in an open game. If Juve parks the bus, we should make sure they are in a position to defend only a 0-0, not a lead. If Juve parks the bus defending a 1-0 I see us in trouble. This might end up looking very similar to the final from last year, and that will be tricky since Madrid won it with a considerable slice of luck. There is a clear attacking team and a clear defending team in this final, so I'm pretty sure both sides will stick to what they do best.

Home of Barca Fans