UEFA Champions League 2015/16

Status
Not open for further replies.

Icarium

Lifestealer
The way it is even psg can beat every EPL team imo. None of the teams are good enough. Another dry spell for them. Hope at least 4 Spanish teams reach R16.

impeh

Hi, its me..
Chelsea could face Real Madrid in the group stages of the Champions League while the Premier League’s other qualifiers could potentially be paired with either Bayern Munich or Barcelona, as Uefa’s new seeding system is implemented for the first time in Thursday’s draw in Monaco.

The governing body has scrapped the previous policy, under which the top eight teams were determined by recent performances in the competition and would so comprise pot one in the draw and avoid each other in the group stage. Instead, top-seeded status is now only granted to the Champions League holders and the winners of the domestic leagues in Spain, England, Germany, Italy, Portugal, France and Russia. This season, that has also been extended to the Netherlands, given that the reigning European champions Barcelona also won La Liga last season.

Spain are the first nation to boast five clubs in the group stage after Valencia eliminated Monaco in the play-offs on Tuesday.

Seedings

Pot 1 Barcelona, Bayern Munich, Chelsea, Benfica, Juventus, Paris Saint-Germain, Zenit St. Petersburg, PSV Eindhoven.

Pot 2 Real Madrid, Atletico Madrid, Arsenal, Porto, Valencia, Manchester City (plus two from Manchester United, Bayer Leverkusen, Shakhtar Donetsk, Sevilla).

Pot 3 Lyon, Dynamo Kiev, Olympiakos, Galatasaray, Roma (plus two from Shakhtar Donetsk, Sevilla, Sporting Lisbon, CSKA Moscow, Lazio, Bruges, Apoel, BATE).

Pot 4 Borussia Moenchengladbach, Wolfsburg, Dinamo Zagreb, Maccabi Tel Aviv, Gent, Malmo (plus two from Apoel, BATE, Partizan, Astana).

serghei

Please give us an easy group this time. We need to focus on the league until january. Please...

OMG, just seen the seedings it's likely we'll get an english club from the 2nd pot.

serghei

At least we won't get PSG. I'm sick of meeting them. Porto would be interesting. No trips to Russia please, especially not in late november-early december.

Luftstalag14

Culé de Celestial Empire
Is it possible for us to have one of the La Liga teams in our group?

I have a feeling we might draw City again.

BenRobbins

I want Barca in our Group! Would be amazing and i would make sure i got to the away game in barcelona.

Herrera starts tonight!!! Yessssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssss!! Even if he will be play as a cdm.....

Luftstalag14

Culé de Celestial Empire
I want Barca in our Group! Would be amazing and i would make sure i got to the away game in barcelona.

Herrera starts tonight!!! Yessssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssss!! Even if he will be play as a cdm.....

I want you guys to be in the same group with Bayern and Bastian scores a goal against them. :p

Status
Not open for further replies.

Home of Barca Fans