Victor Osimhen

ajnotkeith

Banished from the 1st team. Stands and individual training.

But that does not happen in serious clubs according to geniuses in here like @JamDav1982
Right Jammy?

The moment the lot in here wakes up, you will understand what is the correct way to go with de Fraud
I mean, we could do it, it's just a really serious step that's typically only taken when relations completely break down and the club has no interest in keeping the player.

We're still trying to renew him and would think Flick still sees him as an important player. I don't think he would sanction him being put in the stands for a season after all the trimming that's already happened with the squad.

Birdy

I mean, we could do it, it's just a really serious step that's typically only taken when relations completely break down and the club has no interest in keeping the player.

We're still trying to renew him and would think Flick still sees him as an important player. I don't think he would sanction him being put in the stands for a season after all the trimming that's already happened with the squad.

Flick is gonna get convinced because he wants Barca job above Frenkie

Things are simple: if he doesn't reply to the downward renewal he has on the table by May, he should be out come next summer

That's irrespective of what happens on the field this season. But if he is injured the whole season, it's even more imperative to kick him out next summer

If he doesn't accept a transfer next summer, there is only one way to go for Laporta and board.
The Napoli way in Osimen's case

Birdy

I'd like to see him or Boniface at the club.

Neither will do.
Osimen is getting past prime now, and on crazy money.

But neither of the two is good technically.
Barca ST has to always be very good with the ball.
Romarios and Etos are the profiles that fit the ST profile of this club in the way we play football

DonAK

President of FC Barcelona
Neither will do.
Osimen is getting past prime now, and on crazy money.

But neither of the two is good technically.
Barca ST has to always be very good with the ball.
Romarios and Etos are the profiles that fit the ST profile of this club in the way we play football

Which technically good striker would you sign then?

Birdy

Which technically good striker would you sign then?

Zirkzee that went to UTD or Joao Pedro of Brighton two names that cross first my mind.
Both excellent technically, can come deep to collect, would fit like a glove Hansi's football of one-touch and release/ central combinations

But there are many more I am sure for people who have good scouting knowledge

DonAK

Zirkzee that went to UTD or Joao Pedro of Brighton two names that cross first my mind.
Both excellent technically, can come deep to collect, would fit like a glove Hansi's football of one-touch and release/ central combinations

But there are many more I am sure for people who have good scouting knowledge

Keep in mind we want to sign strikers that can actually score a lot of goals and have proven themselves to do so. Zirkzee scored 11 league goals last season. Promising yes, but not there or close yet.

Don't know much about Joao Pedro to comment.

Birdy

Keep in mind we want to sign strikers that can actually score a lot of goals and have proven themselves to do so. Zirkzee scored 11 league goals last season. Promising yes, but not there or close yet.

Don't know much about Joao Pedro to comment.

Zirkzee played for Bologna...
In a big team he will score a lot more

But, aside from that, In the new football we play we don't have only the ST as dedicated scorer of the team, like with Xavi who was expecting all goals to come from Lewa
Raphina, Olmo, perhaps Ansu will score lots this season in addition to the striker

It's an outdated model to expect goals only from the striker

DonAK

Zirkzee played for Bologna...
In a big team he will score a lot more

But, aside from that, In the new football we play we don't have only the ST as dedicated scorer of the team, like with Xavi who was expecting all goals to come from Lewa
Raphina, Olmo, perhaps Ansu will score lots this season in addition to the striker

It doesn't always work like that.

Pressure at a bigger club, tougher competition, higher level players to play against. A lot of factors in display. Look at Darwin Nunez.

mc_lovin

That's only half the truth, is it? You still expect 20+ League goals. Also Haaland kind of proves otherwise right now.

Zirkzee looks like a guy that would be lucky to get 15.

DonAK

That's only half the truth, is it? You still expect 20+ League goals. Also Haaland kind of proves otherwise right now.

With how Flick plays with Olmo behind the striker, Yamal and Raphinha also able to cut inside and be creative outlets, you don't want your striker to drop down deep and be too much involved anyway as strange as that may sound for some people.

You want a striker that constantly makes runs behind, pushes the defence back to open up room for your creative players, and a striker that presses a lot up front. Haaland is an example of that.

So while yes everyone would love a technically great striker, the way we're currently playing leaves room for signing a player that isn't great technically as long as he does everything else well.

Birdy

It doesn't always work like that.

Pressure at a bigger club, tougher competition, higher level players to play against. A lot of factors in display. Look at Darwin Nunez.

Yes a lot of factors why a transfer might not work out.
But that's the case with every transfer.
Question is WHAT profile you are looking for

It's not necessary that the sriker scores 20+ if his contribution makes the team as total score 100+ or more in the season.

Haaland would be terrible here.
Pep plays different football the last couple of years, with emphasis on winning the ball through press and releasing him quickly.
I am not even commenting that he is a passenger in all the big games City has played with him.

The number of low block teams Barca has to play in LL, which require striker to drop deep combine and make spaces for others in behind-> Haaland would be terrible at that

Birdy

With how Flick plays with Olmo behind the striker, Yamal and Raphinha also able to cut inside and be creative outlets, you don't want your striker to drop down deep and be too much involved anyway as strange as that may sound for some people.

You want a striker that constantly makes runs behind, pushes the defence back to open up room for your creative players, and a striker that presses a lot up front. Haaland is an example of that.

So while yes everyone would love a technically great striker, the way we're currently playing leaves room for signing a player that isn't great technically as long as he does everything else well.

See above. Haaland is terrible at making room for others.
He is good making himself the movements, which won't work against low blocks that require him to contribute in the circulation

Home of Barca Fans