Vitor Roque (loaned to Real Betis)

Messi983

Was not really any worse than Lewa, was he? Won't even mention Ferran, lol.

Hard to do much when whole team is mentally checked out and you're playing alongside useless Felix, visibly tired Yamal and little creativity coming from the midfield.

Won't happen but would give him a start aganst Rayo. What can we really lose? Maybe Xavi risks being proven wrong if kid would have a good game but if he really thinks Vitor is as sh*** as we believe then that's not very likely, right?

BJJ

I dislike what I'm seeing so far, but the sample size is too little.
I totally agree.

It's not as if our forwards are setting the world on fire. He should be given some opportunity. That flop show Torres is always subbed in for some reason. Mr Tuna Can V8 couldn't hit the back of a barn door and was personally picked by Xavi for 60 million plus.
Hooe Xavi gets kicked out.

draconifire

NTC with a Positive attitude
bench player nothing more nothing less. Being young is an advantage, as he can improve. I dont see why we are so hell-bent on not using him in matches or minutes where we just need a body on the pitch to make 11 players. Surely he is similar to or better than Felix

serghei

bench player nothing more nothing less. Being young is an advantage, as he can improve. I dont see why we are so hell-bent on not using him in matches or minutes where we just need a body on the pitch to make 11 players. Surely he is similar to or better than Felix

Felix is a level above him at the moment probably. I don't like Felix much but to say Roque is better than him when he has shown nothing so far is a major stretch.

Even in the Cadiz match when we played with the 2nd team, Felix was the best of the bunch and scored the winning goal, while Roque didn't do anything of note except for some Segunda Division first touches.

For the time being, he is rightfully the last option in attack. To get his chance he has to work for it and show on the field he is good enough, first in trainings and then ultimately when he gets minutes. So far... not convinced. Looks pretty raw and not up for the level of the competition in Spain.

Jaguar

Flair Trait
Season for us is over now, solidified 2nd place. If he doesn’t play full minutes for the last game I dunno what’s going on at this club anymore.

bastardo

His touch does give a pause for concern given its a good indicator for technical ability, like haalands can sort of be excused because he's proven at the highest level that he's an anomaly at goal scoring.

Porque

Needs to play. The rest of the game will come just as it did for Forlan.

With respect to LaLiga, our topscorer has 18 goals while Sorloth has 23, Dovbyk 21 and Borja Mayoral 15.

It would take a brave man to say suggest Vitor Roque playing at Barcelona or any other decent LaLiga team couldn't hit around 15-20+ goals a season.

Messi983

I take it as a good sign that he gets some minutes now. Or it's in fact Xavi being a master politician :lol:

Was also thinking about Xavi sending message to Laporta. Something like "look, I believe in this team, I even play Roque now. Just go and sign me Zubi, Nico, Bernardo and Simons and then I'll forget again that he exists." :ROFLMAO:

I think he looked fine in these last two games tbf. But also had a feeling like he wants to impress (understandably) but at the same time is aware Xavi is strongly looking over his shoulders and he could be benched again for 10 games if he does anything wrong. Not an ideal environment for development. You can only learn through mistakes and coach should instill confidence in you nothing will happen if you lose two or three balls. It's easy to see with how much confidence likes of Cubarsi and Yamal are playing. Ofc their longevity at the club compared to Roque who has only been here for a few months plays a role but don't think it's only that.

Messi983

Light bulb moment.

How about Vermeeran <-> Roque.

Tbh I think we should stop making deals with Atletico, we always lose them.

Wouldn't give up Roque but would consider swapping Torres for Vermeeren. Think Ferran could actually fit into Atleti's system as a replacement for Correa/Memphis. Not sure they will sell Vermeeren though. I think he's just going through the adaptation process (similar to Roque here) and will get more minutes next year.

Home of Barca Fans