Was it a Red??

F

Flavia

It's the rule. Everyone else listened to the whistle and stopped, he didn't.

10Rivaldo

Hoy, mañana y siempre traductor
A bit harsh but nothing controversial. Even if it was, let's not forget that Messi had his goal wrongly disallowed in the first leg. You get some and you lose some.

dalitis8

Banned
It was not a red.

But to be fair. Messi scored a perfectly legit goal the first leg that would have made it 0-2 and game over. Song should had seen 2 reds in that game too.

Plus, there was another penalty shout around the half-hour mark by Djourou on Messi.

W

woobie

Having now seen it, yeah it was very harsh. But it was following the rules of the game.

That said, I think the calls mostly evened out over the two legs of the tie.

deelio

i think the rule is the rule, and if the ref does not uphold it, he is setting the wrong precedent. somewhere else in these forums someone posted the exact same thing happening in a chelsea CL game. similar event, same red.

gingerless

harsh, but that cunt deserves it. the ref saw his attitude (first yellow) and recognized that this is not a player to be innocent of "not hearing the whistle". i also think he considered the hand to the face to alves.

Having now seen it, yeah it was very harsh. But it was following the rules of the game.

That said, I think the calls mostly evened out over the two legs of the tie.

let's not go crazy

veryfatchocobo

I think it was fair. He had a yellow, so he got a second yellow. 2 yellows = 1 red. I see no problem here. There should be no different degrees of fouls between the 1st yellow and 2nd yellow anyway.

G.J

V.H. 4 life
Well if we're going to apply the "rules", then he should have been sent off for that first foul on Alves. Red or not, over the 2 legs we suffered just as much if not more harsh decisions.

M

migrich

it was fair but personally i dont like how it all went down

Corb

Special 1, 2, 3, 4, 5...
He heard the whistle. He saw Valdes stopped. He didn't shot with his good foot despite of having enough space to do it.

javinglish

It's the rule, harsh or not. They guy's a pro footballer and he knows about this rule. He should get the stick for weakening his side, he brought it to himself. The ref just applied the rule so not sure why all the fuss about the ref.

Home of Barca Fans