Wayne Rooney

ricknattery

Had a stinker today (once again). Got subbed off. Ferguson must have been furious to take his star player off. Can you imagine Pep subbing Messi off or Mourinho Ronaldo?

you cannot put Messi on that example
He should never get benched if not for getting a rest. He is that good and that consistent

W

Worms

Has more shit games nowadays than good games.....says it all really.Not world class.

M

mitkoa7x

Just wait, he is going to score a hat trick against Wigan sometimes in the future and he will be back at the summit of football.

Jenks

The Independents front headline tomorrow is that Rooney is leaving United after a breakdown in relations with Fergie.

Pepe Silvia

LOL @ The sudden emergence of a breakdown in the relationship between Fergie and Rooney. They've BEEN hating eachother for a while now lol

La Furia

Legion of Doooom
The Independents front headline tomorrow is that Rooney is leaving United after a breakdown in relations with Fergie.

Just give him another pay raise and he will go back to being loyal. Probably go back to being "better than Messi" too.

The boom-bust cycle continues!

Metaphysical

Bomb Dropper
last time this happened Rooney got a new contract and the Glazers agreed to spend 80m on new players.

could ol' Fergie be at it again? or is Rooney finally sick of it?

VivaBarca

If Carlsberg did forum members
last time this happened Rooney got a new contract and the Glazers agreed to spend 80m on new players.

could ol' Fergie be at it again? or is Rooney finally sick of it?

Thing is, where can Rooney go?

He sure as hell ain't going to another Prem side, Ferguson would never allow it.

So outside of England, the only clubs of a comparable size to Man U who could afford him are us and Real.

But do we need him? Would Pep even want him? I'm certain both answers are no. Real have Higuain and Benzema so they don't really need another top striker. AC Milan, Inter and Bayern couldn't afford him, so Rooney would be reduced to the moneybags of Malaga and PSG, who both aren't in the Champions League.

Plus the idea of Rooney abroad makes me laugh, I can't imagine him adapting anywhere.

Last edited:

Jenks

Thing is, where can Rooney go?

He sure as hell ain't going to another Prem side, Ferguson would never allow it.

So outside of England, the only clubs of a comparable size to Man U who could afford him are us and Real.

But do we need him? Would Pep even want him? I'm certain both answers are no. Real have Higuain and Benzema so they don't really need another top striker. AC Milan, Inter and Bayern couldn't afford him, so Rooney would be reduced to the moneybags of Malaga and PSG, who both aren't in the Champions League.

Plus the idea of Rooney abroad makes me laugh, I can't imagine him adapting anywhere.

Real have some great number 9's, but Rooney would probably still get into their side as a number 10, especially with his proven partnership with Ronaldo. I disagree that SAF could stop him going to City too, if he's trying to force his way out, and they come in with big money, United would have no choice.

Home of Barca Fans