Wesley Sneijder

AnfieldEd

I am Leg End
A lot of paper talk about us making a move for him. Not sure what to make of it tbh. On one hand his ability is awesome and we need some experience in the team. On the other hand is he the same player as 2 years ago and does he still the desire left in him or will he just want a big fat contract and do nothing.

Barca8

Well when your wages are impossible and you're that tough to negotiate with, this is what happens. Plus his injury problems and the fact that he's been benched for the past several months.

Yeah that's when I ask is allllll that money really worth it? No disrespect to the Turkish league or Gala but that would be a step down from Inter for me. Are all athlete's only trying to make the most they can while they can? Van der Vaart took a paycut to go to (at the time relegation bound) Hamburg because he loved the team and the fans loved him. Sneijder had the chance to go to United, make money and win trophies. Until Mou purchased Modric I'm sure Madrid would have welcomed him back too. Just like Dirk Kuyt has disappeared off the face of football Sneijder now will too (sadly)

JackaL

Hehe fun how people react on people talking shit about La Liga here but when it's another league then a top class player's demise has begun. He surely was poor in the last 2 years. But probably some of your (really?) remember Gheorge Hagi, who has played for Madrid and Cruijff's Barca, came to Galatasaray and wrote history. In the years 1999-2001 Galatasaray was a serious threat to all of the European top clubs.

Sneijder came to the best club in Turkey, the current president's vision is to bring Galatasaray to a whole new level (he's not a Sheikh) and so as a fan I look forward to watching Sneijer at Gala.

The Turkish League is surely not comparable to other European top leagues.

@Barca8

Apparently Manu wasn't interested in him anymore after 2010. Liverpool wanted to sign him but didn't want to pay more than 120k £ a week. I don't think that Real wanted him back.

ammarfcb

ze special one
1358721961578.jpg

goodbye career

Last edited:

XaviMessiGirl

Hehe fun how people react on people talking shit about La Liga here but when it's another league then a top class player's demise has begun.

If that was directed at me I did not intend any disrespect, it's mostly just frustrating how the whole situation occurred. I wasn't so much agreeing that his career is over, but more so that his demands severely limited his options. I'm sure if he has the right motivation he can do well for Gala.

Home of Barca Fans