Wesley Sneijder

JackaL

If that was directed at me I did not intend any disrespect, it's mostly just frustrating how the whole situation occurred. I wasn't so much agreeing that his career is over, but more so that his demands severely limited his options. I'm sure if he has the right motivation he can do well for Gala.

Wasn't directed at you, just a general observation here. He is 28, had bad form, didn't play that much. However, he is top class and worth a bet.

JackaL

According to De Telgraf Sneijder rejected offers of Liverpool and QPR because he wanted to play for a team that competes for the championship. Is this ambition enough for some of the "career end" arguments?

Jenks

According to De Telgraf Sneijder rejected offers of Liverpool and QPR because he wanted to play for a team that competes for the championship. Is this ambition enough for some of the "career end" arguments?

I'll reserve judgement until we find out how much he's getting paid in Turkey.

JackaL

Why not come to Levski Sofia then, we also compete for the title here

So the equation is pretty easy:

Money
League
Club's brand and competitiveness
Likelyhood of a good CL season
City you're going to live in
Fans (probably)
etc.
etc.

Hands down, Galatasaray has probably offered more money than any other team. However, there are other clubs than Galatasaray e.g. Anzhi or any other Russian / Qatari club that can afford high salaries. So it's not only the money that attracts the players.

No doubt that EPL, La Liga, Serie A, Bundesliga etc. are better, more competitive, better branded etc. than the Turkish League. In fact, it is even normal that people think it's bad for his career to go to a lower league. In terms of European success and brand Gala is not a brand as Inter is.

However there's more to it. Liverpool is a surely a great club with great history, but looking at the different facts that play a huge role in his decision, the money and Liverpool's competitiveness might not be the best ones.

I agree that in terms of career a Bundesliga club (Bayern, Schalke, Dortmund), an EPL club (City, United, Chelsea etc.) sounds better, nontheless, I think it's a great chance for Gala and Sneijder. For Gala to grow in Europe, for Sneijder to be the leader of this team and gaining his form again.

Please bear in mind that when talking about money, EPL, La Liga etc. are paying much higher salaries in total than any Turkish club could afford.

Chainsaw

Killahead
Screen-Shot-2013-01-20-at-8.58.58-PM.png

[size=+1]WES-INTER, IT’S GOODBYE[/size]

The back and forth is over, another protagonist in Inter treble season is gone.

Sneijder has said yes to Galatasaray. Will sign a king like contract until 2016.

The Dutch: “I will see Terim and I am happy.” To Moratti is 7.5 million euros.

Screen-Shot-2013-01-20-at-8.14.21-PM.png

[size=+1]GALATASA… GONE[/size]

Sneijder says yes: 7.5 million to Inter and the soap opera has ended.

To the Dutch is a contract until 2016 at 5.5 million per season.

Sneijder and Galatasaray: now there is the yes. To Inter is 7.5 million plus bonuses and for him there is a contract until 2016 at 5.5 million (including bonuses) plus a magnificent house and many different benefits and perks for his wife Yolanthe and family. Starting from today, Wesley Sneijder is a player of Galatasaray after three and a half seasons at Inter. “I am literally dreaming, very excited,” says Wes to his new club’s official TV station. “The Turkish fans are fantastic. I cannot wait to arrive to meet Fatih Terim and play the derby against Besiktas. I am proud that Galatasaray have signed me and we will live together for many great years.” Some final details were solved yesterday and a few more will be defined today. For Galatasaray, Sneijder is the signing of a lifetime and there will probably be a major presentation for him in Istanbul.

Screen-Shot-2013-01-20-at-8.21.23-PM.png

New era – Only five players remaining from that treble winning club in 2010.

Goodbye brunch The decisive acceleration happened on Saturday night (with a meeting between Wes and Turkish directors) and then yesterday morning. A Sunday brunch with Moratti to say goodbye. A face-to-face salute to show that – despite the last few electric days – this meeting between Moratti and Sneijder was between professionals and ended the relationship with affection: thanks for everything, they won all and will see each other again, goodbye with no hard feelings. Already last Friday, Sneijder had already realized that he can no longer afford more time and there is no going back.

Reasons All of this is because of three reasons: because the team has already found the balance without Sneijder, because the signed documents between both clubs, and because removing his salary is the main goal of a future Inter. In addition, Sneijder finally understood that he had to make a decision between the deadline imposed by Inter and Gala.

Figures Sneijder to Galatasaray is the result of an almost 40-million euro operation with agent Vigorelli acting as a bridge between two clubs. Galatasaray will pay Inter 7.5 million euros plus bonuses but most importantly, the 30 million gross income to the player plus the 500 thousand euros for the wage in January (the Dutch already got paid for the first two weeks). The official presentation will be tomorrow (Tuesday) while this morning, Sneijder will depart for Istanbul on a private flight.

Direction and tweet The earliest signs of yesterday took place at noon where a tweet in Turkish posted by Yolanthe to her followers, one tweet opened all sort of speculation. At those moments, Sneijder and Moratti had a discussion in a famous hotel in the center of Milan. “Reconciliation? There was not even a war, certainly not with me. Did we chat to see if we were all moving in the same direction? Which one? It’s a surprise… Is he close to a move to Galatasaray? Yes, I think so.” Moments later, early in the afternoon, here are the words of Sneijder: “Inter fans are the best around. I have won everything here for the fans and for this club.” Not definitive words because there was an planned meeting in the evening between Sneijder (there was also his father), Lerby and Galatasaray representative Lutfi Arigoban. And now in Turkey, they are ready to meet someone who knows how to play football.

Source: Gazzetta dello Sport

Meitux

Just continue playing the game. As for me, I am incredibly disappointed to read such posts here. Can't understand how people can behave just because a certain player didn't sign for their beloved team.
whats your point? for me personally he is a favorite footballer and i would like to see him play in a big leauge,and i didnt see anyone asking for him to join their club.pfffff.............. think before talking and dont start playing it the smart guy....

Last edited:

JackaL

whats your point? for me personally he is a favorite footballer and i would like to see him play in a big leauge,and i didnt see anyone asking for him to join their club.pfffff.............. think before talking and dont start playing it the smart guy....

Calm down, I wasn't talking to you, read accordingly than accuse others. Have you read the racist bullshit posts of AnfieldEd? I assume he's a Liverpool fan, I posted right after him, my post was directed at his shitty racist post.

You can see that I included quoted his post. So what's the matter with you?

He is not happy because one member for no reason decides to bad mouth Turkey which I is assume JackaLs country?

AnfieldEd

I am Leg End
Just continue playing the game. As for me, I am incredibly disappointed to read such posts here. Can't understand how people can behave just because a certain player didn't sign for their beloved team.

Nothing to do with football. I am half Greek after all.

Report my posts if you wish but a quick suggestion would be to look up the word racism in a dictionary and come back to me.

Last edited:

Aryagorn

Improvin' Perfection!!
@ Ed

Turkish fans do have a notorious reputation... but it's silly to stereotype all the Turks! Desperate to get yourself banned are you!?

Home of Barca Fans