Votes: 22 31.9%
  • Verratti

Votes: 4 5.8%
  • Another Signing

Votes: 12 17.4%
  • Another Barca B player

Votes: 6 8.7%

• Total voters
As we all know, Thiago might leave this summer. If he does, who do you think we should replace him with? I'd go with Gundogan. Best future Xavi replacement aside from Thiago imo.

I realize the poll options kinda suck, but I can't think of that many good replacements :lol:

Last edited:

ceefoo

If Thiago leaves, what the club will need is a player who'll be OK with not playing a lot, since Fabregas will rotate with both Xavi and Iniesta as the first option. Not some big-shot. According to the rumors, Sergi Roberto will be that guy, and it makes sense, really.
This sums it up perfectly.

ceefoo

Nope. Roberto isn't anywhere near good enough to replace Thiago or be a future Xavi replacement. Which is exactly what we need if Thiago leaves.
Cesc would be our 3rd CM (he is anyway according to Tito). And S. Roberto would be cover for Cesc.

Unfortunately I don't get to see Barca B play, other than the goals. But whenever I have seen S. Roberto perform for the senior team I have always been impressed.

Although I recognize that youself and DonAndres are not fans.

Cesc would be our 3rd CM (he is anyway according to Tito). And S. Roberto would be cover for Cesc.

Unfortunately I don't get to see Barca B play, other than the goals. But whenever I have seen S. Roberto perform for the senior team I have always been impressed.

Although I recognize that youself and DonAndres are not fans.

Cesc can't play in the Xavi role. And Roberto isn't good enough to replace him. Which is why we need someone like Gundogan if Thiago leaves.

Last edited:

JamDav1982

Cesc can't play in the Xavi role. And I doubt Roberto's good enough to replace him. Which is why we need someone like Gundogan if Thiago leaves.

Gundogan wont sign to anywhere to be a fourth choice center midfielder.

This issue has been caused by Barca not being able to keep four of the top center midfielders in the world happy at once.

It makes sense to spend the money elsewhere in the team and promote Roberto to see how he gets on.

LaPulga

LaPorta should replace Rosell !! I'm getting more & more tired of this clown at the helm of our beloved club...

Gundogan wont sign to anywhere to be a fourth choice center midfielder.

This issue has been caused by Barca not being able to keep four of the top center midfielders in the world happy at once.

It makes sense to spend the money elsewhere in the team and promote Roberto to see how he gets on.

Nope, the issue's been caused by Tito's shit rotation. Use Thiago (or Gundogan if he leaves) as the Xavi backup and Cesc as the Iniesta backup. AND ROTATE WELL. Problem solved.

JamDav1982

Nope, the issue's been caused by Tito's shit rotation. Use Thiago (or Gundogan if he leaves) as the Xavi backup and Cesc as the Iniesta backup. AND ROTATE WELL. Problem solved.

Not at all Cesc will not be happy just to be a back up player and neither would Gundogan.

You cant just have two world class players in every position, it doesnt work.

ceefoo

Cesc can't play in the Xavi role. And I doubt Roberto's good enough to replace him. Which is why we need someone like Gundogan if Thiago leaves.
What makes you think that Gundogan can replace Xavi? One season in the CL?

I like Gundogan, but from what I have seen of him, he is no Xavi. But who is?

Thaigo is best placed to perform the Xavi role, having graduated through La Masia and had the direct benefit of Pep's coaching and X&I's guidance.

But as Stric said, by signing another high-profile player if Thiago was to leave, would only create the same problem. regarding playing time.

Home of Barca Fans