Who would you pick, Luis Enrique or Tata Martino?

Lucho or Tata?

• Total voters
F

Flavia

The decision should be announced tomorrow, and it all points out to one of these two.
Who would be your choice?

jamrock

Luis don't have the time for tata to get to know the squad and this late point, but Tata would be interesting just to see if rosell will get in right.

Stric

I think Enrique is the safer bet. If Enrique comes and it doesn't turn out well, then everyone can say - hey, we tried, we made a safe logical decision and it didn't work out. If Martino comes and fails, everyone will get crucified for bringing him in the first place. I'm not very much in the know, but from what I've gathered so far, I would prefer Enrique. I wouldn't really mind Martino, either, though. Unless he turns out to be bad, then I'll mind. :lol:

DonAndres

Wild Man of Borneo
I can vouch that Enrique would be a great option, Tata I personally don't know but I've heard great things about him and his style is very desirable so I can't say I'd be disappointed if it turned out to be him. Either way, the club has two great choices here and I'm glad they thought through this over simply handing the job off to a nutter like Roura. Although I wouldn't have minded Rubi either, I hope that he at least gets a big influence in our coaching staff if not being head coach as he can add a lot of great input on defense and set pieces.

DonAndres

Wild Man of Borneo
He hasn't coached Brazilians teams, but Neymar has been the South American star down there for three to four years. People know who he is.

Well a coach in Uzbekistan would know who Neymar is too :p

But in all seriousness Tata has experience in South American football which is often key in getting the best out of technical/tricky latin players through a system that highlights their strengths and disguises their weaknesses.

Jadentheman

Nope Santos coach is awful! Never got the best out of Neyney. It's not always about Neymar, it's about Messi too!

SoMa

Tata. School of Bielsa without the crazyness.

Watch this if you speak Spanish. He talks a lot about Barcelona. A lot.

I think Luis Enrique should first prove himself in a real team after what happened in Roma. hed be instantly respected by all the players though.

P

PhilS

Messi has spoken highly of Tata. Done deal. Bielsa without the personality disorder. Crazy fierce defense over the entire field.

Not sure. Enrique's familiar with the club, but an outsider could be the best choice, as we need change. They're both gambles IMO, Tata has no experience in Europe, and Enrique doesn't have experience outside of Barca B besides a meh season with Roma. They have more experience than Pep did when he first joined though. And he turned out to be amazing. I just hope that Tata/Enrique turns out like Pep and not Tito. No offense to Tito, but he wasn't a good coach.

Btw, if Tata really is "Bielsa without the personality disorder," then I say go for him over Enrique. We could use a tactical genius...

Last edited:

Ursegor

World Champion
I don't have a clue who "Tata" is but I'd rather try something new instead of picking Lucho. Lucho won't add any new ideas to the team. He'll be a cheap Pep copy who knows "the Barca system" and nothing else. First thing Lucho tried at Roma was to get rid of "old star" Totti for the sake of it like Pep got rid of Ronaldinho, Eto'o etc. but unlike Pep he didn't have success without Totti, they got elliminated early in the Europa League and the fans weren't amused.

I don't like this obsession to hire only from within just because it worked with Pep. There are other coaches out there who also know how to play attractive possession football with intense pressing. Being a former Barca player and therefore familiar with the "Barca system" doesn't make one a good coach automatically.

[x] against Lucho

Home of Barca Fans