Who would you pick, Luis Enrique or Tata Martino?

Lucho or Tata?

• Total voters
P

PhilS

There is no need to be original. If Tata copies Bielsa, so does Pep. You see a lot of these same ideas from Klopp and Heydink. That 2010 Paraguay WC team performed way over its talent level, that raised Tata's profile a bunch. It will be interesting to see what he does with this much talent at his disposal.

What we need, #1, is someone who will not not mess it up. This team would do just fine with no coach at all.

Then, just some defensive improvement, after an off year last year. Next, maybe a bit more offensive aggression in midfield. Cesc will solve this last one, as he plays more in midfield.

Indignado

No team would do fine with no coach at all. The coach is more important than any player. I remember people saying Barça don't need a coach anyway when Pep left and 1 year later we were at a much lower level than before.

Although I feel sorry for Tito, this might be the chance to make a fresh start. Even with Neymar and a world class CB, our biggest issue right now is still of tactical nature and I believe a new manager, whoever it will be, will solve that.

Last edited:
No team would do fine with no coach at all. The coach is more important than any player. I remember people saying Barça don't need a coach anyway when Pep left and 1 year later we were at a much lower level than before.

Although I feel sorry for Tito, this might be the chance to make a fresh start. Even with Neymar and a world class CB, our biggest issue right now is still of tactical nature and I believe a new manager, whoever it will be, will solve that.

This. I think we need a better coach more than anything. Without a better coach, I don't think we'll be that much better off next season, no matter who we sign. I feel sorry for Tito, have nothing whatsoever against him personally, and hope he recovers as quickly as possible, but I just don't think he's a good coach or that he did a good job last season. In fact, he was arguably the main problem. Our biggest problems were tactical, after all. Though a coach can improve, so we might have seen a better Tito next season.

Last edited:

Gilberto

This. I think we need a better coach more than anything. Without a better coach, I don't think we'll be that much better off next season, no matter who we sign. I feel sorry for Tito, have nothing whatsoever against him personally, and hope he recovers as quickly as possible, but I just don't think he's a good coach or that he did a good job last season. In fact, he was arguably the main problem. Our biggest problems were tactical, after all. Though a coach can improve, so we might have seen a better Tito next season.

Words cannot describe how much I agree with what you just said.

FCBarca

Mike the Knife
It's a bold choice that will get a lot of criticism but I think the team needed something bold...Credit to Rosell & Zubi.

Although if this fails miserably, will it unsettle Messi when Martino is inevitably skewered?

fcbdna

Banned
There is no need to be original. If Tata copies Bielsa, so does Pep. You see a lot of these same ideas from Klopp and Heydink. That 2010 Paraguay WC team performed way over its talent level, that raised Tata's profile a bunch. It will be interesting to see what he does with this much talent at his disposal.

What we need, #1, is someone who will not not mess it up. This team would do just fine with no coach at all.

Then, just some defensive improvement, after an off year last year. Next, maybe a bit more offensive aggression in midfield. Cesc will solve this last one, as he plays more in midfield.

#Worthy post right here.

Zuess99

I would pick Tata, Bold move indeed but would be great to see someone who will try implement some stuff tactically . I dont underrate south america at all and luis has a job already at celta .

Home of Barca Fans