Who would you pick: Verratti or Gundogan?

Who would you pick: Verratti or Gundogan

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Leo_Messi

Hybrid of Mascherano and Xavi? Not sure. Being tenacious doesn't mean being Mascherano.

In this case Gündogan would be a hybrid of Xavi and Arturo Vidal.

Hybrid in the sense that Verratti's defensive contribution is extremely underrated and at times he reminds me of Mascherano on this front. Just 100 times better when it comes to vision, ball circulation, controlling the tempo of a game and technique. On those 4 fronts he is very similar to Xavi. Even in terms of stature all 3 are fairly similar although Verratti is even smaller than Xavi and Mascherano by a good margin.

Last edited:

Leo_Messi

Incredibly high praise that I don't think he merits.

Please read my post number 17 in this thread. Of course Verratti still has a lot to prove but I think that the praise is merited. Rarely have I seen such a young player do what he does this good. I am normally cautious with such comparisons but if there is one player that I am quite sure will have a very great career as a Xavi-like player then it is Verratti.

Anyway PSG is not going to sell him but we all have dreams.

DrPepper

Hybrid in the sense that Verratti's defensive contribution is extremely underrated and at times he reminds me of Mascherano on this front. Just 100 times better when it comes to vision, ball circulation, controlling the tempo of a game and technique. On those 4 fronts he is very similar to Xavi. Even in terms of stature all 3 are fairly similar although Verratti is even smaller than Xavi and Mascherano by a good marking.

Yeah, but Verratti's contribution is more about intelligence rather than crunching tackles which Mascherano is known for.

Both Verratti and Gündogan are similar to Xavi's playing style, Modric might be the only other one who is similar. My choice is Gündogan because he suits our mixed possession + counter attacking style under Lucho better, while Verratti would be the better player for the Guardiola system of 08-12.

Kohe321

Just created this meme. Think it's pretty relevant to this discussion :lol:

3510125.jpg

Kohe321

For me Pogba is a pretty clear third choice after Gundogan and then Verratti. Too bad I can't edit in another poll option. Oh well, who would want him over these two here? Say so and I can do a running count so we can compare. :lol:

Devils

There isn't a player in this world who would be more suitable for Barca's midfield than Verratti.

He's not available but he would be without a doubt the most important Barca target in the world if he was.

Kohe321

Not so sure he would be better than Gundogan. He's so awesome at short, quick passing, give and go's, and deadly throughballs etc. If he got a good connection with Messi, Suarez and Neymar... Man, dem goals...:lol:

Home of Barca Fans