World Cup 2018

Yannik

I am happy Iceland got knocked out. Real happy. That whole haka-hype and repeatedly having to read how amazing it is a country with population of x can do so well, got tired of it. Good riddance.

That's quite a miserable additude don't you think?

Iceland has cool stuff, simple that is. Here you have them defying the odds and being all around likable, there you have Senegal dancing in training, and then you have Japan Fans cleaning stadiums after matches, or Panama going wild over a goal while being six down. These type of cultural gimmicks are what make the WC the worldwide appeasing event it really is and without it a lot of its flair would go missing.

That's what seperates the WC from any other competiton in sports.

Last edited:

Horatio

You're welcome
Well Iceland has cool stuff, simple that is. Here you have Iceland defying the odds and being all around likable, there you have Senegal dancing in training, and then you have Japan Fans cleaning stadiums after matches. These type of cultural gimmicks are what make the WC the worldwide appeasing event it really is and without it a lot of its flair would go missing.

That's what seperates the WC from any other competiton in sports.

You probably have a point. But they had their 5 minutes of fame during Euro Cup.

BADGERBHOY

Why were they unlucky?

Of course they qualified on merit and have done amazingly well for a country that size but any decent team at this WC should be beating them.

Croatia scored with their only shots on target and Kalinic denied them several times.

I would say thats quite unlucky

JamDav1982

Croatia scored with their only shots on target and Kalinic denied them several times.

I would say thats quite unlucky

They missed chances and fucked up at other end to give Croatia win. Not really luck.

Could say lucky to even have a point when Messi misses pen then Argentina denied a second soon after.

Or lucky Caballero and Argies defence gifted them an equaliser.

Blaugrana Bull

HiiiPoWeR
I am happy Iceland got knocked out. Real happy. That whole haka-hype and repeatedly having to read how amazing it is a country with population of x can do so well, got tired of it. Good riddance.

Population is about 350k. Amazing how a country with only that many people are able to compete at the WC. Cool fans too.

snowy

I don't think it comes that much to lineup. Things are too toxic in Argentina NT. I've seen people bashing Higuain, Banega, Aguero and then expecting them to be the fix. Or Dybala now, and then when he'd underperform he'd be first under the bus.

They are under immense pressure and can't handle it and don't look like a team either.

Sampaoli didn't turn from one of the best managers to complete shit either.

Get'em a super shrink then, to help not give a damn about the press

srlsy, team motto should be: FUCK IT!

Start each match with a "Fuck the Haters!" warrior chant.

That should free them up :che:

Last edited:

Joan

IMG_3476.thumb.jpg.cb6cbe54ac840d71e926ec6c40e55e7a.jpg

How can anyone be happy to see them knocked out?

Devils

Hopefully Maradonna gets some help and stays away from the rest of the Arg games.

Sad as hell seeing him in that state.

El Flaco

Hope Portugal and Argentina face against eachother in QF.

Just for once, I really want want to see Messi vs. Ronaldo in a competitive international game.

Chainsaw

Killahead
With the amount of quality France and Argentina showed so far I think we will have the battle of Shit Titans on Saturday. I never had much hope for this Argentina to begin with. This is the worst Argentina in my almost 30 years of supporting them and I said the first goal is to get out of the group stage. Now that it's accomplished I hope Sampaoli and the team show more brain and spirit from now on. If we avoid brainfarts and shitty attitude we have a chance against France. That's a big if, but I'm hopeful. This team, despite the age factor, has the potential to play a better football and be more vital in front of the goal. That depends on the spirit of the team, and ofc the coaching staff choose the right players and formation. Messi should never play far from the goal. That simply kills off the most vital player and finisher in the team. If Sampaoli doesnt choke off Messi with his tactics Argentina has a good chance eliminating France. We have to wait and see if Sampaoli learned from his mistakes or not.

Last edited:

Home of Barca Fans