World Cup 2018

Yannik

This World Cup is hella fun, but I remember people saying a few months ago the quality at the top is far higher than it was in 2014 and 2010. And now it looks like all predicted favourites are struggling.

Barcaman

Administrator
Staff member
Croatia wins, Argentina goes through. It was a nice day :)

Felt sorry for 2 cute Iceland females beside me, they hoped until the end.

blaugrana1987

This World Cup is hella fun, but I remember people saying a few months ago the quality at the top is far higher than it was in 2014 and 2010. And now it looks like all predicted favourites are struggling.
Tactics and match preparation (and fitness as well) are something everyone can take advantage of. There are no weak teams anymore tbh...

snowy

How many of you guys believe this Argentina team will beat France in Round of 16?

Really depends on the line-up. They've got a chance if Samp goes with:

......................Armani
Salvio....Otamendi....Rojo....Tagliafico
........,,.Lo Celso.....Banega
......Messi......Dybala.......Pavon
...................Aguero

& Option to sub Higuain for Aguero for the last 20 min of the 2nd half. Opposition Defense could be tired which would give Spaguetti lova better chances to score.

Gotta focus on Attack. France would dance circles around tonight's defense + MF. Messi upfront would hardly see the ball. He'll be forced to drop way deep but then, any passes he'd make would go to waste.

Best strategy moving forward is to field the best available players. And that means, gotta include this guy:

https://tinyurl.com/ycpr8h5l 2018 comp matrix Just insane not to use him.

George_Costanza

France is playing worse after each game in descendent performance. I think NT Messi can win it.

How many goals did Griezmann score in this WC?

Last edited:

Horatio

You're welcome
I am happy Iceland got knocked out. Real happy. That whole haka-hype and repeatedly having to read how amazing it is a country with population of x can do so well, got tired of it. Good riddance.

Barcaman

Administrator
Staff member
Really depends on the line-up. They've got a chance if Samp goes with:

......................Armani
Salvio....Otamendi....Rojo....Tagliafico
........,,.Lo Celso.....Banega
......Messi......Dybala.......Pavon
...................Aguero

& Option to sub Higuain for Aguero for the last 20 min of the 2nd half. Opposition Defense could be tired which would give Spaguetti lova better chances to score.

Gotta focus on Attack. France would dance circles around tonight's defense + MF. Messi upfront would hardly see the ball. He'll be forced to drop way deep but then, any passes he'd make would go to waste.

Best strategy moving forward is to field the best available players. And that means, gotta include this guy:

https://tinyurl.com/ycpr8h5l 2018 comp matrix Just insane not to use him.

I don't think it comes that much to lineup. Things are too toxic in Argentina NT. I've seen people bashing Higuain, Banega, Aguero and then expecting them to be the fix. Or Dybala now, and then when he'd underperform he'd be first under the bus.

They are under immense pressure and can't handle it and don't look like a team either.

Sampaoli didn't turn from one of the best managers to complete shit either.

West Saxon

I'm looking forward to seeing them hopefully at Euro 2020. Their fans are great, and comparative to resources, the Iceland team of the past few years have been one of the biggest - if not THE biggest - overachievers in the history of international football, and have sustained this level since the qualification campaign for the 2014 WC, where they lost out to Croatia in the play-offs.

Also, my own club team has a history of Icelandic players, including Jon Dadi Bodvarsson who plays for us now, and Gylfi Sigurdsson early in his career. So I wish them well. :)

Home of Barca Fans