World Cup 2018

Devils

I think Uruguay will take Portugal out.

The Atletico CB partnership has been the most impressive defence at the world cup so far. Fancy them to handle Portugal's attack.

Givenchy

The Atletico CB partnership has been the most impressive defence at the world cup so far. Fancy them to handle Portugal's attack.

my fear for Uruguay is up the other end. Suarez off day and Cavani missing chances will be very dangerous in what i predict to be a tight, low scoring game.

Morten

that Portugal team had balance and it still does. this Argentina team have no midfield, shit defence and questionable GK

Yeah, thats why Portugal was one goal away from elimination, much like Argentina.
There isnt a great deal of difference between the two, they are both pretty awful.

Givenchy

Yeah, thats why Portugal was one goal away from elimination, much like Argentina.
There isnt a great deal of difference between the two, they are both pretty awful.

Portugal were one goal away from elimination because Cristiano bottled his penalty, he scores that and Iran are deflated 2-0 down.

I agree both Argentina and Portugal are average ofc, certainly shouldnt be expected to win a world cup but atleast Portugal understand their weaknesses and work to their advantage. Argentina have literally no idea what they're doing.. i mean the manager is asking Messi if he should make a sub :lol:

Morten

Portugal were one goal away from elimination because Cristiano bottled his penalty, he scores that and Iran are deflated 2-0 down.

I agree both Argentina and Portugal are average ofc, certainly shouldnt be expected to win a world cup but atleast Portugal understand their weaknesses and work to their advantage. Argentina have literally no idea what they're doing.. i mean the manager is asking Messi if he should make a sub :lol:

Knew you were going to bring up the penalty miss, then i will simply bring up Messi bottling it earlier, so what did you accomplish, really?

Again, both teams were one goal away from being eliminated, because they are both awful teams.

Last edited:

Givenchy

Knew you were going to bring up the penalty miss, then i will simply bring up Messi bottling it earlier, so what did you accomplish, really?

Again, both teams were one goal away from being eliminated, because they are both awful teams.

not trying to accomplish anything, just pointing to the facts. Messi missing his penalty happened in the first game, plenty of time to right that wrong. Ronaldo missed a crucial penalty to put his team 2 clear in the deciding group stage match.

Argentina are a dreadful team in turmoil with half the squad revolting against the manager whilst Portugal are an average team with a manager who knows how to get the best out of them.

Morten

not trying to accomplish anything, just pointing to the facts. Messi missing his penalty happened in the first game, plenty of time to right that wrong. Ronaldo missed a crucial penalty to put his team 2 clear in the deciding group stage match.

Argentina are a dreadful team in turmoil with half the squad revolting against the manager whilst Portugal are an average team with a manager who knows how to get the best out of them.

Ronaldo had already put things right by bailing out his teams the first two games, Messi didnt do much the two first games, just pointing to the facts.
You really dont want to turn this into a Messi vs Ronaldo regarding group stage performances, just saying.
Portugal is just as average as Argentina, more so, on paper. Lets focus on the teams here.

vlad

Argentina is only better on paper.
Portugal works better as a unit.

Portugal was almost out vs iran, morrocco also outplayed them, they are through due to individual class, ronaldo and quaresma, so not much difference with argentina

aaron101

Isn't Gimenez injured? he didn't play on their last group game.

henias

Portugal was almost out vs iran, morrocco also outplayed them, they are through due to individual class, ronaldo and quaresma, so not much difference with argentina

They are slightly better defensively as a unit, maybe not much difference but I can see Portugal going far in the tournament.

jairzinho

Portugal struggle against compact teams that sit deep and deny them space. They struggled against both Morocco and Iran. Spain gave them way too much space.

Last edited:

MessiTBE

Banned
I have never been nervous this much in whole lifetime. Not on my first blind date, not on my drive test, not when I heard my gf walking in and I was with another girl, not in any football match, not Barcelona or river plate.

VAMOOOOOOS!!

Home of Barca Fans