World Cup 2018

bodi16

I'm watching the game with my family and they've been trashing Messi left and right ...calling him lazy af and that Argentina would be winning with Dybala/Icardi instead. Ouch!

I'm afraid Messi can't run like he should anymore. It's not about lazyness.

KingMessi

SiempreBlaugrana
And one of the reasons they have a better team dynamic is that every player works hard for the team. Which Barca players, including Messi, don't do. It's about intensity at this level, and hard work. If you don't have either, like Messi, then you fail. It's that simple.

Messi has done his walking schtick for years now. It hasn't been a problem until other players decided to do it too. We can afford to have Messi walking. The man plays every game he's available for. Makes sense for him to conserve his energy for his runs with the ball. But that only works with players who support that play style. Argentina definitely isn't that. And the lazy side Lucho put up against Juve and EV put out against Roma aren't that.

El Gato

Villarato!
Jokes aside, Mascherano is guaranteed a spot in world cup flop XI, right?

Why? He's 35. Only in because he runs and fights, gives a different example to a bunch of lards who only look at Messi for how they're supposed to react. And Messi usually hangs his head and takes a million bad touches, because of how he buckles under stress of this team.

Masch was the main reason they made it so far in 2014. Can't expect him to be the same, but his hot head is somewhat of an asset all things considered.

JamDav1982

Messi has done his walking schtick for years now. It hasn't been a problem until other players decided to do it too. We can afford to have Messi walking. The man plays every game he's available for. Makes sense for him to conserve his energy for his runs with the ball. But that only works with players who support that play style. Argentina definitely isn't that. And the lazy side Lucho put up against Juve and EV put out against Roma aren't that.

Doesnt look like Barca can afford it in CL in recent years.

Home of Barca Fans