World Cup 2018

serghei

Messi has done his walking schtick for years now. It hasn't been a problem until other players decided to do it too. We can afford to have Messi walking. The man plays every game he's available for. Makes sense for him to conserve his energy for his runs with the ball. But that only works with players who support that play style. Argentina definitely isn't that. And the lazy side Lucho put up against Juve and EV put out against Roma aren't that.

I don't think that's true.

Yea, he did rest more than other players off the ball, but back in the day, Messi was very intense in games. Can't even be compared imo with this version who is basically showing very little ambition and desire to get involved, while everything around him falls apart, be it with Barca (PSG, Juve, Roma etc.) or with Argentina.

No. we can't afford to have anyone walking, because that player will then spend most of the time not being involved in the game, except in isolated moments when space opens itself up, which at this level is rare. Which is what is happening for a long time already with Messi in big games. How is Messi supposed to get in possession in a good position, if he hides behind players?

Last edited:

Morten

Why? He's 35. Only in because he runs and fights, gives a different example to a bunch of lards who only look at Messi for how they're supposed to react. And Messi usually hangs his head and takes a million bad touches, because of how he buckles under stress of this team.

Masch was the main reason they made it so far in 2014. Can't expect him to be the same, but his hot head is somewhat of an asset all things considered.

Yeah, i know he works hard and tries, but he is just been so clumsy in every game i watched, cost them a couple of goals(i think), overall a liability.

Home of Barca Fans