World Cup 2018

serghei

No one can carry this Argentina side, im pretty sure the Argentina Maradona played for was significantly better, at least as a team.
Portugal will go out as well, Uruguay are a much better side, its unlikely Ronaldo will be able to carry them.

Portugal plays like a team. And every player works his ass off. And they have a top manager. That's 3 things Argentina don't have. Argentina were hilarious at this WC. A team with stars who don't work hard, and defenders who work hard but are simply too dumb and untalented for this level.

xxxxxx

So much focus on this 'two assists'.

One was a shit shot deflected into the goals ffs.

Other one was great but too little too late.

At least you can cheer your Ronaldo on later.

I didn't expect Argentina to beat France anyway.... so I honestly don't care.

Morten

Portugal plays like a team. And every player works his ass off. And they have a top manager. That's 3 things Argentina don't have. Argentina were hilarious at this WC. A team with stars who don't work hard, and defenders who work hard but are simply too dumb and untalented for this level.

Some team...outplayed by Spain(salvaged a draw, somehow), outplayed by Morocco for large parts of the game (yet won), did okay vs Iran.
Individual moments saw them through, as a team, they are pretty dire.

shadows

I for one think this Argentina team outperformed my expectations (expected a 4-0 or so).. I did not see 3 goals in this side in any given game..lol..thats how bad they are both personnel wise and tactically..and even though France may suck, European teams have for quite some time now been well set up tactically and well coached and thats why South American teams have struggled to beat European teams.. That being said, Argentina are so bad defensively, they ended up making Mbappe looking the next coming of Maradona..

serghei

Some team...outplayed by Spain(salvaged a draw, somehow), outplayed by Morocco for large parts of the game (yet won), did okay vs Iran.
Individual moments saw them through, as a team, they are pretty dire.

So? They were outplayed by most of the teams at the Euro, but with hard work and team spirit they pulled through. They also have the greatest goal scorer in their team and some technical players to support him with above average service. And a top manager to put it all together.

To be honest, Portugal aren't a great side, but they are a good team and I'm not sure teams can afford to treat the European Champions lightly.

likeafire

Amazing he kept bringing on Meza, even that chance right at the end, Meza fucks it up blasts it high.

If that's the future of Argentina after Messi then LOL

Home of Barca Fans