World Cup 2018

Jair Ventura

WC is the biggest stage, but 5 years or so of consistency in CL > one WC tournament, as far as proving who is quality or not.

Ramos and Pique play in perfect conditions in club football. Meanwhile, they’ve disappointed in three straight competitions for their country.

Morten

Have you watched this tournament at all? Flippantly dismissing teams as if many of the favorites haven’t already been upset is silly. Spain, just yesterday, against Russia. How did world class CB’s in Ramos & Pique perform against a much weaker team?

I’ve always believed Thiago was best. I’ve repeated it here, r/soccer, discussions with my friends, etc.

Ramos created Spains goal, Spain had it in the bag, dont blame him for Pique channeling his inner Maradona....

Morten

Ramos and Pique play in perfect conditions in club football. Meanwhile, they’ve disappointed in three straight competitions for their country.

So should Thiago, on paper at least, he plays for a state-sponsored team, as such, they have unlimited resources, yet still looks like punks every year in the CL.

Vilarrubi

Have you watched this tournament at all? Flippantly dismissing teams as if many of the favorites haven’t already been upset is silly. Spain, just yesterday, against Russia. How did world class CB’s in Ramos & Pique perform against a much weaker team?

I’ve always believed Thiago was best. I’ve repeated it here, r/soccer, discussions with my friends, etc.

When did I mention anything about other CBs...... :lol:

Godin/Gimenez have been the best by far, they made one single mistake mistiming a header against Pepe to concede their only goal of the tournament.

As long as we’re clear that you’re basing your views on World Cup + what he does for PSG then good for you.. you’ll find many what disagree.

Jair Ventura

I guess it makes sense for some of you to be downplaying the WC given that a couple of players from the farmers league eliminated Messi & Ronaldo from the competition.

JamDav1982

I guess it makes sense for some of you to be downplaying the WC given that a couple of players from the farmers league eliminated Messi & Ronaldo from the competition.

Here we go again.

Biggest troll on the forum who only turns up when thinks there is a chance to wind folk up appears on cue.

Sad voyeur.

Morten

Not downplaying anything, but when you say "Thiago Silva best cb evah" because of a world cup, then yeah, expect some opposition.

Jair Ventura

Not downplaying anything, but when you say "Thiago Silva best cb evah" because of a world cup, then yeah, expect some opposition.

Well, when I see people insult Thiago or overlook him, and then he is immense on the worlds stage while other top CB’s wilt, I’m going to celebrate his play. He deserves it for all the shit he gets. If he can continue to lead the back line as he has then he will have redeemed a lot of the failures of his career.

I am proud of him.

Morten

Well, when I see people insult Thiago or overlook him, and then he is immense on the worlds stage while other top CB’s wilt, I’m going to celebrate his play. He deserves it for all the shit he gets. If he can continue to lead the back line as he has then he will have redeemed a lot of the failures of his career.

I am proud of him.

I dont mind Thiago Silva, tbh, he is a very good CB on his day, but its just always fun to poke fun at the team(club) he plays for.
Good to see you admit he have had his failures too, btw.

Ode to Django

You're not even a real journalism
Thiago Silva has been the best CB in the world for years, he's the only WC CB since Nesta retired.

The state of defenders is absolute shit though, and has been for a long time now.

It's always a joy to watch Silva play, he's a master.

Givenchy

Thiago Silva has been the best CB in the world for years, he's the only WC CB since Nesta retired.

The state of defenders is absolute shit though, and has been for a long time now.

It's always a joy to watch Silva play, he's a master.

Godin

plays in a tougher league aswell.

Ode to Django

You're not even a real journalism
Godin

plays in a tougher league aswell.

Pretty obvious if you watch 2 games of Silva you'd see he'd stud it in every league. Not as if La Liga is some sort of monster league, we aren't talking anything special.

But yes Godin is a very good defender, he plays in teams that suits his strength, similar to John Terry throughout his career. Never really exposed. Silva can play in any set up.

Joan

Bs.

Silva is not even close to being the best in the world. He can have his day - but, no.

Home of Barca Fans