World Cup 2022

BBZ8800

US are like a computer generated team based on an algorithm of some sort. Unimpressively solid and basic in an annoying way to play against. They almost never do anything brilliantly good or incredibly stupid.

Good analogy.

Yeah, something like: medium difficulty AI opponent.

fergus90

I got to say the US are very impressive compared to what they were. To be fair half their team are established players in Europe so not too surprising. But their development over the last few years is obvious.

BerkeleyBernie

USA playing far better vs England than they did against Wales, good link-up play, in part due to the lack of pressing by England. Same lineup as vs Wales except for one change at striker.

Hard to take any team that starts Harry McGuire seriously.

BerkeleyBernie

I got to say the US are very impressive compared to what they were. To be fair half their team are established players in Europe so not too surprising. But their development over the last few years is obvious.

Wasn't evident at all vs Wales who pressed high. Different story vs England.

delancey

The US team is really so 'American' lol.

Super athletic, fast, robotic team who have pass and move drilled into them.

There is a book which discusses this exact topic called the Power of Habit by Charles Duhigg. In short, it dives into how managers of sports teams turn the plays, and everything that falls in this category, into habit. Anyhow, I thought about this when you mentioned that.

Home of Barca Fans