World Cup 2022

Birdy

The progress achieved by the North American NTs (USA, Canada) is glaring obvious.

It's not physicality only, it's tactical instruction that they play with intensity
and the AI-analytics input they factored into their teams is yielding benefits

I find it baffling that so many claim 'average individual skill, good team' to be negative
It's positive people, if you have average individuals but a team that is better than the sum of each of them

Gnidrologist

Very young team. They will peak at the right time for the US World Cup.
Doesn't they say this after every WC? Remember how USA was impressive in 98 and everybody was like "yeah, in 10-15 years USA will be dominant". Now "We're almost there"
They should naturalize Puig for the era of dominance.

Birdy

We're not expecting him to deliver a CL with the Spurs, but can he at least win a FA cup or carabao cup or something?

Only 1 team can win them and there are many teams better than Spurs every season
In EPL the competition is pretty high. Given that Klopp and Pep are there, and they raid on most trophies every year, it's difficult
Judge him more leniently

FinBarcelonafan

Doesn't they say this after every WC? Remember how USA was impressive in 98 and everybody was like "yeah, in 10-15 years USA will be dominant". Now "We're almost there"
They should naturalize Puig for the era of dominance.

It's possible everyone busts and they won't become good but they should have decent team for the next world cup, if players keep progressing

te amo barca

Blaugrana al vent
USA deserved to win, dross negative approach and display by Southgate again, as usual. Let this be a reminder to all who bought England?s hype after winning 6-2 with an xG of 2: this team is shit!

delancey

England has so much talent, yet fail to hire a proven tactician. A great manager. Just goes to show you that having the best machine in the world does little if one cannot operate it.

Gnidrologist

Although i was mostly against England all my life, i remember enjoying their direct football in the 90/00s. It was its own brand and somewhat entertaining. Now that they have full squad of mercs and non existent football philosophy with manager that is more concerned about ideology, it's just forgettable shit. One thing i like about Spain that they retain their football style even if it doesn't bring glory, but when it does, it's glorious. I'd go for that instead of bending under and over to finally "bring it home".

Gnidrologist

England has so much talent, yet fail to hire a proven tactician. A great manager. Just goes to show you that having the best machine in the world does little if one cannot operate it.
I'm pretty sure in current UK party loyalty is more deemed than actual merit. Southgate seems like obedient system yes-man and that's what current UK is - a soft authoritarian bureaucratic state. Sports department will suffer as anyone.

Givenchy

Not sure why Mount is not only starting but also playing the full 90+min with Foden on the bench. Said the same during the Euro's and it's the same shit once again.

raskolnikov

As long as these fools keep calling it soccer and have the over the top, short gratification attitude about football they wont get it hyoed enough for the kids to prefer it over say, basketball.

They will be wc at esports but un a world cup in the real life they will reach mexico level at best.

FCBfan22

Southgate must be one of the worst managers ever. No sane man would bench Foden for Mount. Noone.

Let alone bringing 4 no 10's, while you want to play 5-2-3 as soon as Walker is fit. Pathetic manager. Hopefully they go out ASAP.

Birdy

He is criminally underusing the best generation of English footballers since IDK how many years back

No excuses

Even if he reaches the final, that football from this generation is a sackable offense

Zidane82

He is criminally underusing the best generation of English footballers since IDK how many years back

No excuses

Even if he reaches the final, that football from this generation is a sackable offense

He is a joke , never should have got the job in the first place

malvolio

At this point I ain't buying the manager story anymore. Let's be honest, lots of other no-names have won international trophies.

They had far better proven managers than Southgate and still they didn't win.

Home of Barca Fans