World Cup 2022

BBZ8800

I thought BBZ was all about the mighty Germans.

What happened here? :lol:

My love for Germans came in late 80s and 90s when they won WC 90, Euro 96 and played a final in 1986' and when Lineker said: football is a game where 22 players play, but Germans always win in the end.

So, that Germany paired with Bayern from the last decade.

But a current strikerless (copy of Spain) Germany where Kimmich is their brain doesn't impress me.

They don't have "robotic" Germans like Sammer, Effenberg, Schweinsteiger, Klinsmann, Kross.

I mean: Havertz and Kimmich.
This is some new lite-Germany.

Even I don't have faith in them anymore.
Also, their coach is far from impressive.

A meh team, no leaders, no strikers, no coach.

One big meh

Zidane82

CR7 didn't do the Siuu, ran straight to Bruno and clearly indicated to Bernardo that he doesn't know whether it's his goal or not. Also celebrated Bruno's pen with a huge grin.

The Anti CR7 agenda is real.

Check the after game footage .. he was sliding his hand over his head .. suggesting it skimmed off his hair .

He has always been a cheating bar steward..

He dived for that penalty a few days ago to go in the record books now he is claiming a non goal to equal Eusebios scoring record

I detest the guy

JamDav1982

My love for Germans came in late 80s and 90s when they won WC 90, Euro 96 and played a final in 1986' and when Lineker said: football is a game where 22 players play, but Germans always win in the end.

But a current strikerless (copy of Spain) Germany where Kimmich is their brain doesn't impress me.

They don't have "robotic" Germans like Sammer, Effenberg, Schweinsteiger, Klinsmann, Kross.

These is some new lite-German.

One big meh

Germany are not trying to copy Spain at all... they lack CF options is the reality.

Which is same as Spain.

You focus too much on styles than players these teams have available.

te amo barca

Blaugrana al vent

This is some new lite-Germany.

One big meh

Kimmich is one of the best DMs in the world, and certainly the most creative. He is absurdly good. Havertz is 1,93m tall, I thought you liked tall players? I get what you mean, he is a number 10 and is played at CF, but it's not the same as playing a 1,7m false nine there. He has the physical attributes at least to head the ball.

BBZ8800

You focus too much on styles than players these teams have available.

True

But Germany in the past was the most direct and lethal team in the world.

Yet, after Pep at Bayern they moved to some sort of German TikiTaka and playing without Cfs.

Regardless of a quality of players, I am not a fan of TikiTaka.

It worked for a while, with top players and while the opponents didn't know how to defend.

Today it is the most often a weak, sterile copy of that style from 2010

I know, I know, Pep can make it work.
But only with the unlimited transfer funds.
Outside of Pep, TikiTaka is mostly not working for a decade.

Yet, Spain is still playing it.
And Germans have moved close to it.

France, Portugal, England are further from that style.

Gnidrologist

BBZ turning coats quickly. Just in recent Euros they were supposed to be physical juggernauts destroying all the choirboys, but now he suddenly remembers that akshully it was 80s/90s team that he liked. :lol:

Temptation

Has BBZ ever made a short, precise post? :lol:

Love the effort but even the bloke's shortest posts are mini essays. What a character! :lewa:

Morten

So, Portugal is through, if they get to at least quarter final, i guess Santos has bought enough goodwill to last for the rest of this decade :lol:

JamDav1982

True

But Germany in the past was the most direct and lethal team in the world.

Yet, after Pep at Bayern they moved to some sort of German TikiTaka and playing without Cfs.

Regardless of a quality of players, I am not a fan of TikiTaka.

It worked for a while, with top players and while the opponents didn't know how to defend.

Today it is the most often a weak, sterile copy of that style from 2010

I know, I know, Pep can make it work.
But only with the unlimited transfer funds.
Outside of Pep, TikiTaka is mostly not working for a decade.

Yet, Spain is still playing it.
And Germans have moved close to it.

France, Portugal, England are further from that style.

They won the WC when played most like a Pep side.

If the Pep style is what turned you off... which they dont play.. why back them in last two tournaments as a team that fits your ideals?

Rory

I don't know if Portugal are as strong as is being made out. They've rode their luck immensely to some extent. Firstly the opener against Ghana is a ridiculous penalty call that opens up the game. They somehow concede 2 against Ghana who were shocking that game. This is far from a good Uruguay and yet Bentancur should have scored, they hit the post and Suarez should have scored from 2 yards out.

te amo barca

Blaugrana al vent
I don't know if Portugal are as strong as is being made out. They've rode their luck immensely to some extent. Firstly the opener against Ghana is a ridiculous penalty call that opens up the game. They somehow concede 2 against Ghana who were shocking that game. This is far from a good Uruguay and yet Bentancur should have scored, they hit the post and Suarez should have scored from 2 yards out.

It's usual Santosball. They are going to be found out as usual, and they have no Eder to fluke another final

xxxxxx

CR7 didn't do the Siuu, ran straight to Bruno and clearly indicated to Bernardo that he doesn't know whether it's his goal or not. Also celebrated Bruno's pen with a huge grin.

The Anti CR7 agenda is real.

No. There is a clip after the game where he was moaning about it touching his head. He obviously claimed the goal.

Home of Barca Fans