World Cup 2022

te amo barca

Blaugrana al vent
Santos will endure though, lets say he gets a quarter final, and he will be unfirable for the next couple of tournaments.

All the better for the rest of the world. This generation of Portuguese players is very good. In all fairness one major international tournament is not bad for a generation, at least they are not going trophyless

BBZ8800

Kimmich is one of the best DMs in the world, and certainly the most creative. He is absurdly good. Havertz is 1,93m tall, I thought you liked tall players? I get what you mean, he is a number 10 and is played at CF, but it's not the same as playing a 1,7m false nine there. He has the physical attributes at least to head the ball.

Iirc, you are younger, like late 20s or 30?

About Kimmich, he is good for today's standards.
But shit compared to Sammer, Effenberg, Schweinsteiger.
Also, mentality wise, those were crazy, angry Germans, true leaders.
Kimmich is a normal guy, like German Frenkie.
Not an angry leader.

About Havertz, he is tall.
But I can't even put him in the same sentence with Klinsmann, Bierhoff or Klose.
Havertz is some playmaking tall Cam-Fc.
While these guys were true No9 killers and especially Bierhoff and Klose relied on headers.
Havertz compared to those is like comparing Etoo and Pedri (as a Rw).

Maybe I am biased towards past times, but I don't see such a fearful force in German NT team anymore.
And the same as with Barca, who are their leaders? Kimmich and Sane?
No thanks

JamDav1982

BBZ you claim Germany tried to play like Peps teams in last Euros.. but you backed them as a team playing the way you want to win and considered them one of favs because of it....infact they had around 40% of posession in group stages and were 20th on the list for having the ball.

None of what you are claiming adds up.

Also considered them as favs in last World Cup.

To make out havent fancied them in recent years as play like a Pep side is rewriting history.

BBZ8800

BBZ turning coats quickly. Just in recent Euros they were supposed to be physical juggernauts destroying all the choirboys, but now he suddenly remembers that akshully it was 80s/90s team that he liked. :lol:

If I stick to the same teams, you'll say I'm stubborn

If I see a mistake and give up from someone = I am changing coats

You'll never be happy

JamDav1982

You'll never be happy

No you miss the point.. anyone can change opinions but saying havenet fancied Germany in recent years is not accurate.

There is no need to lie about it.

BBZ8800

BBZ you claim Germany tried to play like Peps teams in last Euros.. but you backed them as a team playing the way you want to win and considered them one of favs because of it....infact they had around 40% of posession in group stages and were 20th on the list for having the ball.

None of what you are claiming adds up.

Also considered them as favs in last World Cup.

To make out havent fancied them in recent years as play like a Pep side is rewriting history.

I thought that they still have a German mentality so they'll win in any style

But currently:
I don't like any of their players except Sane and Neuer. Even Kroos is gone.

No leaders
No German mentality anymore
No direct football
Meh coach

This Germany is surely not my ideal of football, tactics and psychology

JamDav1982

But currently:

No leaders
No direct football
Meh coach

Aye so you were not counting them out in recent times due a Pep influence but a little over a year ago backed them for second tournament in a row.

A way they have not been playing anyway.

Arguably the closest they came to a Pep influence on team is when won it.

BBZ8800

Aye so you were not counting them out in recent times due a Pep influence but a little over a year ago backed them for second tournament in a row.

A way they have not been playing anyway.

Arguably the closest they came to a Pep influence on team is when won it.

2008 Spain, Pep's style
2010 Spain, Pep's style
2012 Spain, Pep's style
2014 Germany, Pep's style

2016 Portugal, not Pep
2018 France, not Pep
2020 Italy, not Pep

Yes, Germany won it in 2014 with Pep's style, but my admiration for German style came before 2014'.

In 2018 or 2020, I had faith in Germans due to their historical mentality, inspite of still playing Pep's influenced football.

But lately, after seeing that their new style is not efficient anymore, paired with a lost German mentality, meh players, no leaders and meh coach = I have gave up from current Germans.

You could say that this is the same team as in 2018 and 2020 when I hyped them.
You are right

But, I didn't see it back then

Luftstalag14

Culé de Celestial Empire

But currently:

No leaders
No direct football
Meh coach

BBZ, may I ask what your ideal of football is? I know you like strong mentality, physicality and direct type but I wanted to verify. It is a bit odd, at least to me that you became a Barca fan. Did the earlier Barca (I started watching Barca only after Ronaldinho came) espouse or carry those characteristics and traits that made you a Barca fan? To me you should have been a Bayern, Madrid fan. :p

By the way Kimmich does get angry often and he is sort of a leader at Bayern and with Germany. You see him being angry and pumping his fists encouraging his teammates often. Schweinsteiger (one of my favorite players of all time) on the other hand was a quite nice guy type of player.

Morten

I don't know if Germany tries to replicate Spain, but their football in 2018 seemed suicidal at times, Lahm was never even in defense as i recall.

te amo barca

Blaugrana al vent
Iirc, you are younger, like late 20s or 30?

About Kimmich, he is good for today's standards.
But shit compared to Sammer, Effenberg, Schweinsteiger.
Also, mentality wise, those were crazy, angry Germans, true leaders.
Kimmich is a normal guy, like German Frenkie.
Not an angry leader.

About Havertz, he is tall.
But I can't even put him in the same sentence with Klinsmann, Bierhoff or Klose.
Havertz is some playmaking tall Cam-Fc.
While these guys were true No9 killers and especially Bierhoff and Klose relied on headers.
Havertz compared to those is like comparing Etoo and Pedri (as a Rw).

Maybe I am biased towards past times, but I don't see such a fearful force in German NT team anymore.
And the same as with Barca, who are their leaders? Kimmich and Sane?
No thanks

You haven't watched Kimmich enough. He is like Gavi, always fighting and encouraging. He's not even short too, 1,77m. You just know he played for Pep so you automatically assume he is that kind of player

Gnidrologist

You'll never be happy
You just flip-flopping in matter of few years and even months is all i'm saying. Just in last euros you shat on Spain for being choirboys and put Germany as one of the favs for being muh muscular studs like horse-man Goretzka &Co, but now, despite having pretty much the same players, they are suddenly "like tikitaka Spain". They aren't, but WERE like tikitaka Spain, when they won it all in 2014 with angry Sweinsteiger still there. It's your own fault you can't keep track of your own thoughts and preferences and people need to remind you of them. Nobody would teas you about this, if you weren't such a pompous twaddler. No offense, not that i'm not happy with you. I am.:)

Home of Barca Fans