World Cup 2022

BerkeleyBernie

Neither USA or Iran has any chance moving forward but would have been nice to have Iran boot USA out of the tournament.

Horrible defensive tactics at the end of the game by USA, letting Iran have the ball in the USA half continuously. Bunker defense and boot-ball. No attempt to maintain possession, work the ball down to Iran's half and eat away the clock with possession safely away from their own goal.

Luftstalag14

Culé de Celestial Empire
I don't appreciate USA's level of talent, their tactics, style of play, pretty much zero appeal for me.

Got it and understood. I do think Gregg Berhalter is quite a limited coach.

Anyways, for me I appreciate their (or anybody's for that matter) effort to try to go through. It is a good fight and good story to tell. I feel that USA is that team with a fighting spirit, perhaps BBZ will appreciate it too. :)

Iniesta Ultra

Got it and understood. I do think Gregg Berhalter is quite a limited coach.

Anyways, for me I appreciate their (or anybody's for that matter) effort to try to go through. It is a good fight and good story to tell. I feel that USA is that team with a fighting spirit, perhaps BBZ will appreciate it too. :)

Effort metric is irrelevant to me without elite skill.

eaman

Neither USA or Iran has any chance moving forward but would have been nice to have Iran boot USA out of the tournament.

Horrible defensive tactics at the end of the game by USA, letting Iran have the ball in the USA half continuously. Bunker defense and boot-ball. No attempt to maintain possession, work the ball down to Iran's half and eat away the clock with possession safely away from their own goal.

I'd fancy the US against that very average Dutch team. Ye were the better team against England and they're better than them. Would be tough without pulisic if he can't make it though. The US lack a goalscorer and that could cost them

Luftstalag14

Culé de Celestial Empire
Effort metric is irrelevant to me without elite skill.

Well, not everybody, every country, every club has elite skills and plays elite football/soccer, right? Those who don't should be lauded for trying their best, otherwise you will only be cheering for those in the WC or CL quarter finals and up.

Iniesta Ultra

Well, not everybody, every country, every club has elite skills and plays elite football/soccer, right? Those who don't should be lauded for trying their best, otherwise you will only be cheering for those in the WC or CL quarter finals and up.

Why I became a Barca fan although not sure how much longer can take Xavi destruction for.

wisconsincule

How can you be from the United States and not be happy for this team? They didn’t even qualify in 2018 and now they are in the knockout rounds.

Get outta here.

Jadentheman

That is actually on Gregg Berhalter. I was livid when he made those subs and tactical changes. For some reason there are a few players on the bench he could sub in for the 2nd half but he consistently chooses the MLS guys who so far been terrible. But aside from that he purposely locked down despite the team dominating over Iran to play for the 1-0.

Home of Barca Fans