World Cup 2022

Messigician

🎙 Modrić: "It wasn't a penalty for me. I don't usually talk about referees, but today it's impossible not to do so. He's one of the worst I know. I met him many times and I never had a good memory of him. He's a disaster."

Raketa10

Get over it, you guys owned argentina 4 years ago, and they owned you this time. Move on with dignity.

Who are you referring to? This is what I wrote few pages ago:

It doesn't matter if that was a penalty or not. Argentina were superior in every aspect of the game and that's it. However, I am proud of our boys for the great tournament they had. From the start of the tournament we had a big problem in attack since we don't have an attacker like Mandjukic anymore. It's clear as a day that this team would be much stronger with a proper No.9.

In the end wish all the luck in the world to Messi and Argentina in the final and I hope Croatia can win the bronze.

Last edited:

BBZ8800

Tier 3 grece won euros tho

Beat prime Portugal with CR7 and Figo etc

Lol
Portugal was a Tier 2-3 back then.
Their only good result before the recent CR7 era was a 3rd place in 1966 on Wcs and semis in 2000.

CR7 was 19 and insignificant back then, popularity of current Pedri/Gavi more or less.

Last edited:

Horatio

You're welcome
Lol
Portugal was a Tier 3 back then.
Their only good result before the recent CR7 era was a 3rd place in 1966.
So, prior to 2004, they had 38 years in a row of insignificance.

So, Greece vs Portugal surely isn't like Croatia vs Messi (final chapter of a movie) or Croatia vs France in 2018.
Portugal-Greece was closer to Greece vs Uruguay, Switzerland, Russia or Denmark (at max) today.

But Portugal had star player Ronaldo. FIFA could have sold lots of shirts if they let Portugal win.

JamDav1982

But Portugal had star player Ronaldo. FIFA could have sold lots of shirts if they let Portugal win.

Figo was one of biggest names around and most marketable also.

Unreal UEFA and all these others missed a trick with money to be made and let Greece win!

As if FIFA just knew 2018 wasnt the 'final chapter' ina movie.

Argentina pen was a pen and referees are coming out to confirm it.

Should have had another for hand ball and should have had anothr goal v SA.

Of the four pens had.. two have helped... if really think need pens or the like to win those games.

Barcaman

Administrator
Staff member
Time to let it go so I'll just say it's unlikely Croatia would have gotten such penalty against Argentina.

We weren't good enough anyway so it's easier to process and I do hope Messi wins it.

Onto second semi-final. I see France has few players missing.

Messigician

Lol
Portugal was a Tier 3 back then.
Their only good result before the recent CR7 era was a 3rd place in 1966.
So, prior to 2004, they had 38 years in a row of insignificance.

So, Greece vs Portugal surely isn't like Croatia vs Messi (final chapter of a movie) or Croatia vs France in 2018.
Portugal-Greece was closer to Greece vs Uruguay, Switzerland, Russia or Denmark (at max) today.

Lol

Deco
Rui costa
Ronaldo
Figo
Couto
Carvalho

Etc

Raketa10

Time to let it go so I'll just say it's unlikely Croatia would have gotten such penalty against Argentina.

We weren't good enough anyway so it's easier to process and I do hope Messi wins it.

Onto second semi-final. I see France has few players missing.

Who is missing?

Home of Barca Fans