Xavi Hernández

Maradona37

The team in that season created most chances and conceded the least chances. So... not down to Stegen making saves but the team being the best in most relevant systemic metrics. Check it up, deserved title, much like Madrid last year.

Of course the team had ups and downs under Xavi, and that he made mistakes. That doesn't mean his 2 seasons as a whole were bad.
Fair enough on that season. I am just going by what people were saying (which to be fair, is often not a correct thing to do). I will look up the stats later though I trust you.

They did have ups and downs. I never said his entire time was a disaster. Maybe my original phrasing was harsh - I should have said he didn't do as well as was hoped, which would be fairer.

But ultimately it must have gone sour for him to be let go/leave mutually. Though Barca and moreso RM can sometimes sack coaches if they don't win La Liga in a single season.

serghei

It did get sour. I understand his sacking. He hoped the club could invest more and challenge Madrid. As this is not possible, a new manager that is motivated to get things done even under these not so great conditions was needed.

Nobody needs a frustrated manager. Koeman and Xavi both got sacked because they got mentally drained by the situation at the club. Flick is bringing some new energy and positive attitude, but let's see how much that lasts.

He needs results to keep going strong and hopefully help the team to progress.

Maradona37

Yeah I agree. It will be good if Flick can do well, but it remains to be seen what will happen. It will be very difficult for sure as Real Madrid are in a good place right now. I hope he can do it anyway, because Madrid are cunts to be honest.

I haven't followed La Liga much in several years, but since I am on here now I will try to take more interest in the league next season.

Barcaman

Administrator
Staff member
I caught myself in a bit of nostalgia for Xavi (much unconsciously related to his playing years) but then I remembered all the frustrating football I watched.

I hope he does take up another coaching role somewhere and gets more experience.

Blanco

His next work will be as Barca coach for 25/26 season. Laporta’s biggest mistake so far, out of so many.

Xavi changed the team spirit (so many games turned around and as many 1-0 wins shows the character of the team), found true talents like Yamal and Fermin. Won LaLiga and SuperCup against us with like 2 players that will be starters in our team. Then he lost the GOAT DM and Laporta give him Oriol Romeu 😂

Sacked, because he has rage issues and not knowing how to talk at the press conferences. (Like 95% of young coaches). Oh, and not to forget the “ugly football” narrative. You will see what football will Flick deliver with these players. Genius by Laporta, thank you so much.

Messigician

His next work will be as Barca coach for 25/26 season. Laporta’s biggest mistake so far, out of so many.

Xavi changed the team spirit (so many games turned around and as many 1-0 wins shows the character of the team), found true talents like Yamal and Fermin. Won LaLiga and SuperCup against us with like 2 players that will be starters in our team. Then he lost the GOAT DM and Laporta give him Oriol Romeu 😂

Sacked, because he has rage issues and not knowing how to talk at the press conferences. (Like 95% of young coaches). Oh, and not to forget the “ugly football” narrative. You will see what football will Flick deliver with these players. Genius by Laporta, thank you so much.
Good post and knows ball

However xavi played horrible football which isn’t enough for a club like Barca which needs miracle workers

JamDav1982

Zero chance Xavi associates with Laporta again.

More likely he teams up with some Messi combination to get revenge on him if this continues.

Home of Barca Fans